Questions from a new Rocket III Touring owner

ZoneIII

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket III Touring
I just bought a Touring thee days ago. I apologize if these questions have been before but I didn't find them with a search.

As you know, the owner's manual is specifically written for the Roadster and there are differences between the Roadster and the Touring. For now, I need to know two things: 1) How do you remove the seat? I do all my own work on machines and will need to know that. The instructions in the manual for the Roadster don't appear to apply to the Touring. 2) Since the Roadster has the huge rear tire and the new Touring have a smaller rear tire and the spec in the manual is for the Roadster's rear tire, what is the proper recommended inflation for the Touring's rear tire?

BTW, I love this machine but it's going to take a bit of time to get used to it's weight even though I'm big and strong. I'm even nervous about shooting out into traffic from my driveway at this point. I live on a busy state highway with non-stop traffic. I was going to take it out this morning at daybreak when the roads are empty but, darn! It's raining like crazy. The reason it has me a bit psyched out is that I tipped it in my driveway (no damage) when I got it home. Once it reached the tipping point, there was simply no stopping it. What a sickening feeling!

A 1015 Rocket...thats pretty old.......o_O (your avatar)

But seriously, welcome to the forum. For the seat there is an allen bolt on the rear of the seat which mounts to the fender. Open the saddlebags and look to the upper forward corners of the seat and you will see two allen bolts, one on each side, kinda angled. Those are your front mounts. I have a set of long allen sockets which work well for this. As far as tire pressure I have always run 48 in the rear and 45 up front.

Yeah, I bought one of the earliest models. The Vikings used it when they pillaged England back in the day. They built them better back then.

:) I guess I better go edit my avitar.

Thanks for the information. I'll check that out. I appreciate your help.

I think the owners manual I have says 42psi rear and 36psi front. I always run slightly more. As for the seat, 2bolts on the sides and the one on rear then slide it back slightly and lift off. I never replace the ones on the sides. The rear is all you need.

Welcome, they put the wrong manual in you bag, ask for the correct one. My manual only shows the touring model and makes no reference to the roadster at all.

Owners manual states 41psi rear and 36psi front and this also show on mfg. sticker located on the steering tube in the front just above the radiator on the left side of the bike.
Like others have stated you might want to overinflate the tires a bit so they don't feel so sluggish. The Metz tires are a soft compound.

Be safe and enjoy.

Welcome, they put the wrong manual in you bag, ask for the correct one. My manual only shows the touring model and makes no reference to the roadster at all.

Owners manual states 41psi rear and 36psi front and this also show on mfg. sticker located on the steering tube in the front just above the radiator on the left side of the bike.
Like others have stated you might want to overinflate the tires a bit so they don't feel so sluggish. The Metz tires are a soft compound.

Be safe and enjoy.
I just bought a Touring thee days ago. I apologize if these questions have been before but I didn't find them with a search.

As you know, the owner's manual is specifically written for the Roadster and there are differences between the Roadster and the Touring. For now, I need to know two things: 1) How do you remove the seat? I do all my own work on machines and will need to know that. The instructions in the manual for the Roadster don't appear to apply to the Touring. 2) Since the Roadster has the huge rear tire and the new Touring have a smaller rear tire and the spec in the manual is for the Roadster's rear tire, what is the proper recommended inflation for the Touring's rear tire?

BTW, I love this machine but it's going to take a bit of time to get used to it's weight even though I'm big and strong. I'm even nervous about shooting out into traffic from my driveway at this point. I live on a busy state highway with non-stop traffic. I was going to take it out this morning at daybreak when the roads are empty but, darn! It's raining like crazy. The reason it has me a bit psyched out is that I tipped it in my driveway (no damage) when I got it home. Once it reached the tipping point, there was simply no stopping it. What a sickening feeling!
Do not feel bad I set mine down on the side of the road with my lovely bride on the back. This happened in the first month I had it.

Be safe and enjoy.

The dealership simply didn't have a manual for the Touring at time of purchase. I seem to remember the salesman telling me that Triumph didn't make one specifically for the Touring but my wife tells me that he just said that they didn't have one in stock and one wasn't with the bike. In any case, I do have the PDF version now and I've requested a HC manual from Triumph. I couldn't believe how fast they got back to me when I contacted them. That's a good sign and it's great to have another Triumph after so many years.

There should be a sticker up high on the left down tube also that tire sizes and air psi's on it.

Back