Questions about 20227 standard tune for my '08 Classic

Willtill

Nitrous
It's been previously recommended to me; to download and use a Standard tune, as opposed to the Classic tune, due to the Standard tune preconfigured to allow for more power than the Classic tune. For the last thousand miles or so, I have been using the 20222 tune (Standard exhaust, with catalyst)

I have a feeling that she's running lean; I looked in the headpipe while I had the cat box removed, and it's pretty clean and pale in there.

So I'm getting ready to use the 20227 tune (Production pipe, without catalyst).

Does anyone know if the 20227 Production pipe, without catalyst tune is actually for "cat box" removed (with cat bypass installed), or just for an empty cat box?

I was looking at the AF tables, and from reading elsewhere on TuneBoy.au, dropping all the values (overall across the chart) by approximately 1 percent ie; 14.5 to 13.5 will prevent it from running borderline lean. Is that a good place to start?

The only other adjustment that I have done to 20227 is to open the secondaries to 100 percent, all of the time, in all gears.

After asking all of this, would there be possibly a better tune already created to use with my '08 Rocket Classic, with stock pipes, stock air and cat bypass?

Help?

I have been running this tune for 2 years on my classic wo cat and dragpipes. It´s ok. The colour of the sparkplugs is ok.

With the Triumph tunes there is no difference in the fuel tables between the tunes. The difference lies in the position of the secondaries. If you are opening them up 100% then it makes no difference which tune you run. The only difference between the classic and standard tunes is that the classics are speed limited at 125? mph where the standards are not.

All of the stock tunes are lean for emmissions purposes. I have experimented such as you have and found that all I did was exaggerate rough spots and lags in the throttle. If you are going to stay with the current intake and exhaust set up you have, get a PCIII and do a dyno tune. Import the PCIII map into tuneboy and load that tune. That way you know for sure that you are good and not taking stabs in the dark.

Another way is to go to the dynojet site Power Commander Downloads and Product Purchases, Maps, Installation Guides, Accessories

download their maps. It looks like that they one or two for your set up. You can import them into Tunedit then load that tune into your bike.

If you compare 20227 with 20222, look at the top row - 20222 is richer at higher rpm.

The PCIII trim maps on the Dynojet site were supposedly done on a stock bike, presumably with a 20222 tune - this according to Dynojet. The PCIII map for stock exhaust, cat removed, using the PCIII O2 controller, is M510-002. So, load 20222 with 100% secondaries, hit apply trim map under "File" and load M510-002. These trims appear in the Fuel% trim table. Then just download it - the trims will be applied. See how it runs.

The only rub is you don't have a PCIII O2 controller, which plugs into the cable from the ECU where the O2 sensor plugs in. This disables closed loop, which you need to do when you have a PCIII installed. The part costs $20, but you should be able to do the same thing by unchecking "O2 sensor fitted" in Tune constants. Wayne from Tuneboy said to disconnect the O2 sensor when you uncheck this box.

Back