question to group: recently ordered ram air

Lemieuxfan

Supercharged
Ride
2014 Rocket III Roadster
ok so I pulled the trigger recently for 140.00 via Ebay on the RamAir system and stumbled across youtube video below wanted to run this past the group

i was hoping for an increased in throttle response and maybe just maybe fuel economy but this video he sounds against this mod..

What a Wanker!................ Put that Ramaire on, install appropriate HansO tune & get ready to never be able to frown again. Throttle response? YES! Fuel mileage? Who gives a shat? I'm thinking a bout tying a knot in my throttle cable so the beast won't separate itself from my pants!!!! :thumbsup: :D :cool:

IMG_6177.JPG JUST DO IT!!!!

My RamAir has worked well for over a year.
A proper dyno tune will eliminate that secondary and improve wick response.
. . . or a HansO tune, which is the next best thing, IMHO.

My RamAir has worked well for over a year.
A proper dyno tune will eliminate that secondary and improve wick response.
. . . or a HansO tune, which is the next best thing, IMHO.

good information; question--> I am just going to bring this to the dealership for the install (can they do the tune?)

good information; question--> I am just going to bring this to the dealership for the install (can they do the tune?)

If you are not going to a proper dyno-tuner, don't waste money on a dealer.
Find another forum member with the Tune ECU skills or yourself and load it.
Not difficult - even I did it . . . v-e-r-y carefully!

good info here I'm learning albeit slowly there is good mechanic at my local dealership in nashville who i believe maybe able to assist or at least point me in the right direction with getting this done

+1............. Shat! even I did it & there's no one dumber about computer stuff than me o_O TuneEcu for Android is easier than the one for windows if you're challenge like me - Get a tune from @HansO or @Claviger

Back