Question Tall vs Short Sissy Bar

minderaser

.020 Over
Can anyone do me a favor and give me the Height in inches to the top of the tall & short sissy bar pad from the top of the stock passenger seat (or similiar) give or take an inch?

I am about to purchase and I'm not sure which one I want. Don't plan on doing lots of touring with passenger just occassional rides with the wife. Essentially I want it to be functional but I also do not want my bike a touring bike etc. Trying to keep it as sporty as possible.

Not interested in carrying a lot of stuff either, probably a simple small roll bag if needed beyond my tank bag.

Thanks

Don't know the heights but I can tell you that the tall one is barely tall enough to strap soft luggage too. If I had gone with the shorter version, it would be too low to be useful.

Do not, I repeat do not get the short backrest. It will hit the passenger in the lower back, which is not comfortable. My wife made me buy the tall backrest and I may still have the short bar around here somewhere. The wife is 5'2" tall.
dAve

Thanks guys that's what I figured.

My lady is also 5'2 I'll seriously take that into consideration.. Definitely leaning towards the TALL

Hello everyone I'm 6'5 300# hate being told what to do, love riding fast and loud bikes, I've owned lots of toys and joined lots of forums and I look forward to sharing my decades of knowledge riding bikes as well as learning from you all :cool:

PS this is my 1st triumph Only thing even remotely comparable was my last cruiser Yamaha 1200cc Vmax

ME

Last edited:
I've got the short one on my Classic and it's plenty tall enough to strap on a Kuryakyn Ultra tour bag.
Additionally, my wife is 6'3" and says it's plenty tall to be comfortable for her.

Back