Question for you guys with Oxford hot grips

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Hi guys, I have a set of Oxford EL800 hot grips on order for my 2015 r3t. I have removed the stock grip off of my stock throttle sleeve, and I see it has an unusual design to it.
My question is does the Oxford grip slide over the nubs on the throttle sleeve or does the sleeve need to be filed smooth? There is also a taper at the inner end of the stock sleeve where the original grip stretched over. Does this taper get in the way of the Oxford grip being completely on the sleeve, or does it have to be removed or squared up?
Thanks for any advice, Eric

Attachments

• 488DCACE-9A46-457E-BD4B-E882E8982FAB.jpeg
    488DCACE-9A46-457E-BD4B-E882E8982FAB.jpeg
    167.4 KB · Views: 4
The Oxford slides straight over. You would be better off removing the taper at the inner end so the Oxford slides nearly completely up and that way you can still use the bar end weights. Just fit and fiddle and experiment before you do the final super glue and fitment

Thanks, Mick
The way the tube is designed, it’s almost like glue isn’t even needed cause those little tabs bite into the grip as it’s rotated.
When I removed the original grip, there wasn’t any glue in there.

I plan on getting some too, so I look forward to seeing details of how you get on

Not much help here. I just followed the instructions and they work. I don't remember really -- as the years go by.

No biggie, just thought I’d ask cause this throttle tube is kind of different. I have access to a lathe if I have to remove the taper on the inner end for a better fit.

From why I've read the Triumph original heated grips utilise holes in the bars the keep wiring tidy. Am I right in thinking this cant be done with the Oxford ones?

Last edited:
The Oxford wires are hard wired out of the top of the grips and need to be zip tied to current cabling and routed under the tank to the battery. They cman still look very neat though. The trick is to not glue them until you have done some trial and error on wire location, clearance for the clutch lever to operate and clearance for the brake lever to operate and not foul the wiring. Once you do all of that, Mark up some alignment marks with chalk, add super glue and slide them on making sure the marks lign up. Done

Back