Question For those using RamAir triple filter

ROCKETOUR

.060 Over
Ride
2008 R3T with lots of changes
This goes out to the guys using the RamAir triple airfilter kit on their Rockets. I've heard mixed responses about different filter kits that eliminate the use of the factory airbox. Was it worth the $180? Did you notice a big increase in noise coming from the intakes and valve train? How well does it fit? I'm considering installing one on my 08 R3T, are there any problems with the kit that I should be taking into consideration?

weather you go ram air or K&n yes you will notice a diff some on here say they hear noise I dont as I cant hear worth a crap but you will like them

WITH RAMAIR FITTED THE INDUCTION SOUND WAS FIERCE, IT TOOK A BIT OF GETTING USED TO. IT PULLS BETTER TOO. SORRY ABOUT CAPITAL LETTERS AS THE SILLY COMPUTER WONT REVERT BACK

Just fitted RamAir to my R3t 08.....Just waiting for the tuneecu cable to turn up so I can remap the ECU. The sound is awesome and the response is noticeable, but I have only ran it around town till I an update the ECU

I like the Ramair ! It fits nicely under the bear claw , is easy to take on and off for maintenance and the intake temperature sensor is catered for with a housing in the Ramair mount and a cable extension .
Intake noise is improved .
As for performance ? All the high flow filters will give power gains if mated to an aftermarket exhaust ! :thumbsup:

I think it's a good solution now that they've worked out the materials issue.

I have a V2 and it eventually split so I did the surgery to cut off the old split part and used the stock rubber union to attach it, works great now and there's a bit more induction noise.

It does make the induction howl louder than stock air box but only when your at large throttle openings.

Back