Question for Frank

bagman

Supercharged
Frank,

Just bought an 11 R3R and going through the site have decided to setup my ride very similar to yours. (Jardine & 3 K&N) Plan to use TuneECU and/or Tuneboy. Wanted to ask if you have posted your latest map anywhere so I may use it as a starting point for mine? Also, did you remove the O2 sensor?

Thanks,
BaGMaN

Frank,

Just bought an 11 R3R and going through the site have decided to setup my ride very similar to yours. (Jardine & 3 K&N) Plan to use TuneECU and/or Tuneboy. Wanted to ask if you have posted your latest map anywhere so I may use it as a starting point for mine? Also, did you remove the O2 sensor?

Thanks,
BaGMaN
Yes I did. I also cut my BC to resemble a fingernail clipping. I then went to the RU37980 fillters and then to the RU1770's. The bike is running awesome. I now have 155 RWHP and 159.99 torque.
Go to the triumph rat site and when you get to the forums, hit the
classic and Vintage site. Then click on the Rocket Science Forum. Go down to the post Fat Franks New Exhaust. There you can click on the two pics of it on the dyno and get an idea of what it takes to hit the rev limiter, which I have set at 6700 RPM. You can also hear the new pipes and header.
I doubt if it is posted anywhere, but my base tune is the one Wayne at Tuneboy did for Matty's bike. Bruce took it from there and we now have a great tune. When you're ready let me know and I will get it to you. Let me know which filters you are going to run.
Later and get ready for a different bike.lol

Cool, Thanks man!

I'm starting with ru-2780 because I wanted to wait on cutting the bc. If/when I move to the larger filters, I will most likely order one of the cut down carbon fiber bc.

So far i have the exhaust, filters, cable for tuneecu, & o2 sensor dummy plug ordered. hopefully everything will be here by the end of next week!

Will install everything plus remove the secondary butterfly's.

Figure i won't reach your numbers cause of the filters, but will hopefully be close. will definitely be a great step up from my Raider!

Does the Jardine come with gaskets?

Was thinking of wrapping the pipes. Anyone done this with these pipes? Any advantages?

Your Jardines should have the dummy plug fot the O2 sensor included. Mine did. I don't know about the filters under the BC. Big advantage of the cut BC is you can dremel a hole in the rubber end of the filter and insert your AT sensor in the end of the #2 filter. More accurate reading would be had there. Looks cool also. Definately would breathe a little better.
I agree with HF on the wrap. My pipes don't feel any warmer than the stock ones did.

You're gonna enjoy this mod. The pipes really open it up.
BTW, when you replace them, look at the crossover that is stock. Is that a joke, or what?

Frank,

Are you using tuneboy or tuneecu? If your using tuneboy, would you mind downloading tuneecu to pull your map off the bike?

Just about everything I ordered is back ordered and not expected in until the end of the month. Waiting SUCKS!!

BaGMaN

Frank,

Are you using tuneboy or tuneecu? If your using tuneboy, would you mind downloading tuneecu to pull your map off the bike?

Just about everything I ordered is back ordered and not expected in until the end of the month. Waiting SUCKS!!

BaGMaN
Going back on the dyno Saturday. I'll pull the tune then and get it to you. Which filters are you gonna run? I'm going to go back to the shorter filters. I think they are the 3780's. That is the ones that are 3/4 of an inch longer that the ones they use iunder the BC. Let know. I can give you that are the one for the 1770's. The Bike breathes better with the BC cut. If you don't cut it , you might be a little rich. But you'll have a great tune with the timing unrestricted and the secondaries open whether you remove them or not.
later

Different filters

Attachments

• 104_7324.jpg
    104_7324.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 229
  • 104_7435.jpg
    104_7435.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 104_7434.jpg
    104_7434.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 252
Cool man.

The one with the smaller filters would be best to start with since I will be using the ones under the BC for now. Running a little rich is a whole lot better than lean. I plan on taking it to get dyno'd once I get everything on, but your map should get me **** close before I even get there!!

Hopefully they use the TuneECU there since the Tuneboy maps aren't interchangeable.
Or maybe they can export the tables and I can hand jam them into TuneECU. Either way.

Thanks,
BaGMaN

I'll send you a good tune that should be right there. Yhe timing tables will be good for power and the tune will unrestrict everything for you. You're gonna like it. I'm with my tuner this weekend and I'll have him pull everything and get your bike setup.
I'ld still get on the dyno just to look at it. everybike is a little different.
You ought to get on a dyno and do a couple of pulls just so you'll see the improvement. Bruce is going to put his stock R3R on the dyno just to see where it's at.
Back to you later.

Back