Question about Ramair noise

Lickety Split

.060 Over
Ride
2014 R3R
Everyone experience ramair noise? What is that sound I hear. Sounds like a farm diesel tractor when I give it some throttle. Then maybe, I did not put this thing on the right way . Could be a rattling vibration noise. Just not sure what if anything I should be hearing in that area.

My theory, the valve train un-muffled by the stock intake.
To me sounds like metallic crickets.

When I put on the triple K&N's a hundred years ago I was shocked at the unpleasant sound

Everyone experience ramair noise? What is that sound I hear. Sounds like a farm diesel tractor when I give it some throttle. Then maybe, I did not put this thing on the right way . Could be a rattling vibration noise. Just not sure what if anything I should be hearing in that area.
My first ride to work with the Ramair installed we stopped in fear from the noise. Thought we had screwed something up. Milked it back to the house and jumped on here to discover the noise was normal. After awhile you accept it and i actually like it. Between the Ramair and the Viking 3 into 1 exhaust sounds great. Blip the throttle and even the Harley guys give a thumbs up.:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Its normal. Im not a fan of the sound (its louder than the exhaust) but I am a fan of the increase in power, a cleaner cam cover area, and the nifty glove box!

Hmmm...interesting, I read about this noise before I installed my H&N kit last week. I have to say that it’s not very noticeable and what I can hear sounds...well...great!
Certainly doesn’t sound harsh or metallically at all and it’s not overly intrusive and sad to say mostly I don’t wear a helmet so this is not my experience....

Back