Question about Hagon shocks

Rilot

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I see that a lot of people recommend the Hagon Nitros for the R3 but what about the Hagon Road version? Is anyone using them?
They are about 1/3 of the price of the Nitros but lack the adjustment. I don't need the adjustment (or do I?) as I rarely ride 2-up.

Being able to dial in both preload and damping to fit your bodyweight is probably a good thing if you really want to maximize rideability. The point of aftermarket shocks is probably to get an upgrade, not a "sidegrade". :) That said I have no experience with either, was all set to go with Hagon but decided on a set of Progressive 444 HD's for $500 (plus the shipping etc). So far very happy indeed with that.

I was very happy with my Nitros. Then a couple of months before My RAA9 trip my back went out and it was looking doubtful that I could ride that far as I felt every little bump in the road as a sharp pain which got worse the longer I rode. I started to play with the adjustments to try and soften things up and was amazed at how I managed to set it up to soak up the bumps without wallowing around. For now it works great though I will firm it up a bit if my back improves but definitely a great improvement over stock.

Regardless of which shock you decide you will want to get something adjustable damping and the Hagon's are simple and easy to adjust, as far as I am concerned they are the ducks guts, also when and if you do order them make sure your seller checks with you your weight and other needs as Hagon Taylor them to suit you

If you can afford the flagship model which will almost certainly give you a better ride and far more adjustability, why buy the cheaper stuff?

Nobody has ever regretted buying quality, I say, but the world is full of people going "this is garbage, why didn't I buy what I needed in the first place?"

I have had and ridden many miles on both the Hagon Nitros and the Progressive 444s.
Both are excellent shockies! For me the Hagons were about a $100 cheaper.
I prefer the easy hand twist adjustment on the fly of the Progressive and the auto damping adjustment system.
Either brand will give you great service. Do NOT go with a lesser expensive Progressive like the 212.

Right, first mod will be the Nitros then. I'll get them direct from Hagon in the UK so there shouldn't be any issues with then not speccing my weight etc.

Back