Question 1 RamAir and Bearclaw

Blackthou

Nitrous
Ride
2014 Black 'n' Red R3R. RamAir, Tors, DP Link pipe
I noticed today when removing the bearclaw it had been compressing the outer foam on the RamAir filter.

Double checked everything and the only way I could get it to all clear was to remove the centre rubber on the bearclaw where it hooks on the tank.

Anyone had similar findings and if so how did you get round it?

Hi Mate,

hope you got the email I sent today?

I've noticed that the right upper corner as you face the Ramair unit has been slightly compressed but put it down to 'just me'.

Only noticed this when I took the bearclaw off to line it with "Dynomat" as I understood this could stop 'the crickets' - it doesn't!

However, I did notice on the installation that the filter for the crankcase was way too tall, it's actually bent over 45 degrees at the top third!

Yes thanks got the mail and replied. I was in the garage tinkering at the time. From the few minutes I spent looking at your tune, it looked good. I'll study at depth later this week.

Sounds much like my my RamAir. Never had the crickets and thought that was more for the K&N brigade.

Didn't bother to change the cranckcase filter, left all that as it was.

I know the Roadster bearclaw is different from the touring. I can say the ramair fir on the touring is close and may even touch the foam, but does not distort it or compress it that I can tell. I also have some dynomat inside my bearclaw, it tames the intake roar so that it doesn't override the exhaust cadence.

In my case, the foam got compressed in the rearmost corner. A spot about an inch in diameter. I did not consider that a problem. The Dynomat did not eliminate the intake noise but reduced it dramatically. Once I sealed the air gap between the chrome bear claw and the tank with adhesive foam it reduced the noise even further.

I wouldn't think you would need to remove the rubber mount block from the bear claw? It is kinda tricky getting it on right though even without the RamAir filter.

This pretty much my finding with th original prototype that I was sent (and wish I still had) and a production RamAir. Slight touching at rear otherwise perfect clearance - Taking the rubber block off is not necessary or frankly advisable. The claw WILL vibrate like hell and damage something.

Back