QD panniers?

martyn

.020 Over
Hi Paul

One option is to buy a set of Easy Brackets: http://www.newr3.com/html/easy_brackets.html

or ghost brackets, then you can fix them to your Triumph Panniers or any others. I have the Easy Brackets & Saddleman Jumbo bags (the picture on newr3.com is my bike :D )
They are great, easy to put on (they are locked on once on the bike) & when you take them off & are not using the bags there is no ugly frame left on the bike 8)

martyn said:
Hi Paul

One option is to buy a set of Easy Brackets: http://www.newr3.com/html/easy_brackets.html

or ghost brackets, then you can fix them to your Triumph Panniers or any others. I have the Easy Brackets & Saddleman Jumbo bags (the picture on newr3.com is my bike :D )
They are great, easy to put on (they are locked on once on the bike) & when you take them off & are not using the bags there is no ugly frame left on the bike 8)

Great find.
Aywhere in the uk you can get these?

I bought Easybrackets from the States for a better price than I could get them from Europe, including all taxes. Go figure :roll:

If you want any photos of what they look like on the Rocket, just ask.
I fitted them to 'Held' Denver panniers, which have a rounded top & follow the lines of the fender.

owl said:
I bought Easybrackets from the States for a better price than I could get them from Europe, including all taxes. Go figure :roll:

If you want any photos of what they look like on the Rocket, just ask.
I fitted them to 'Held' Denver panniers, which have a rounded top & follow the lines of the fender.

Owl where did you go for the helds, and what capacity is each one?

No, they aren't floppies, but some modification is required if you want to go with the easy brackets or ghost brackets rather than Held's own system.

Held use a system which relies on having a pillion seat, and a strap runs underneath it. The panniers then just clip onto the strap.

I have the Easy brackets, and no pillion seat, so I cut off the leather bits that stuck up from the back of the bags (the bits that had the holes in as part of their fixing system). I then cut some thin aluminium sheet to the same shape as the back of the panniers & covered this with some leather I got from a furniture maker (although this wasn't strictly necessary), then drilled the holes through the aluminium sheet & pannier, to fix to the Easy brackets.

Sounds a bit of a palaver, but I sorted it in less than a day, and have some great looking lockable panniers that were a good price, have a one key removal system and no ugly brackets left on the bike when the panniers aren't fitted.

Back