Q do Roadster rails/pegs have more clearance ?

RacerX74

06 R3
Ride
The Mighty Triumph Rocket lll (06)
As above

when cranked over do later Roadster foot peg position give you more lean angle ?

Also I guess are they interchangeable with a standard 06 ?

Cheers

On the Roadster the riders feet have been moved back 100mm and down 20mm compared to previous models.

With that said I'm not sure that answers your question but that is the specs of the change.

When I'm hard on it in the twisties I do scrap the pegs sometimes but at that moment I'm leaned over a pretty fair amount. When I'm in that situation I feel like if I lean any further I will be scraping something (exhaust,crash bars) else in a short order of time. :D

On the Roadster the riders feet have been moved back 100mm and down 20mm compared to previous models.

With that said I'm not sure that answers your question but that is the specs of the change.

When I'm hard on it in the twisties I do scrap the pegs sometimes but at that moment I'm leaned over a pretty fair amount. When I'm in that situation I feel like if I lean any further I will be scraping something (exhaust,crash bars) else in a short order of time. :D
I have noticed since I have switch to Avon's Cobras I'm getting a lot more lean angle ( and speed) through a bend BUT more peg scrapping with it and I find this distracting mid bend .
But if you say they are 20 mm lower there would be no gain in fitting them I guess

cheers

I have an 06 Bike and have fitted the Roadster footrests as I prefer the more reward placement of the footrests.
With the stock footrest rails I would scrape the rear of the R/H rail, and of coarse the footrests, that is after I had removed those dumb little screw in tits on the end of the footrests.
The Roadster set up, I scrape the front of the L/H bar as it bends around to attach to the Engine.

Both sets I learnt to raise my foot when leaning hard, this allows the footrest to fold up easily.

Roadster rails are much lower at the front corners. If you keep pushing harder scraping the front corners when they get about half worn through one or the other will bring you down. Trust me I know.

Sorting the forks WILL give you quite a bit more clearance. Mine sit a good 1.5" higher.

When I first bought my R3 new I could ground the chicken strips with ease - not any more.

Back