Pure Power

hombre

Nitrous
Custom equal length, stepped headers completed. If the sound is any indication, they are pure FN power. They also have leaned my previously correct AF out from 12.7 to 14.8, now need more fuel 'cause she's pumping more air. My own dyno is actually booked until next week... guess I shouldn't complain.

Hombre ,

Even though a sound clip ( video ) might not do
the header justice I'd like to hear the Cams .
I don't think there is a sound clip of the R3
with a Nev Lush' s upgraded cams

Even if sounds , not like , up close & personal ,
with the custom step header & different muffler
it should Groan & Thump with that SuperCharger .

Kind of like listening to an R3
thats just lost , it's Virginity :D

wayne

Last edited:
Be interesting to get her back on the dyno, very nice job, I would love to hear her howl now ....... nevs cams certainly do have a different sound to the stock dead wood that Triumph fit.

Thanks, guys!

OK, first ride report... untuned. The sound is just FN awsome. I really have to congratulate BURNS STAINLESS on their collector muffler. Just as Nev predicted, the power band has been significantly broadened. The lower RPM throttle response has greatly increased, and we haven't even retuned. She's flowing way more air in my max torque powerband (4500 - 6500 RPM), just as the headers were designed to do. The AF datalogger has gone from 12.7 to a scary lean 16.7 in that range. I don't know what power increase that might equate to when retuned, but should definitely be an increase.

The bike is a joy to ride with the broadened powerband. Where I used to avoid lugging around at 2000 RPMs, it now makes no difference... the throttle snaps out of that range so fast I don't need to downshift. Should be even better retuned.

OK, cornering report: I spent an hour laying her into LOW right corners... and managed to scrape the lowest pipe (#2) at the very bottom of the front curvature. However to do this, I was also scraping my boot toe with the balls of my feet on the pegs. That is the absolute limit of the lean angle, so I not too unhappy. I may be able to preload the Wilbers a bit more to eliminate the slight scrap at that angle. The muffler does not scrape.

All in all, I'm very pleased so far with my first foray into custom exhaust building. And yes, the stainless pipes are turning gold. :)

I'll do a sound clip video as soon as the weather clears.

Last edited:
I think I'll leave them "au naturel"... the golden hue actually polishes right off with fine emery cloth. Every time I buff them, they look better. :cool:

I didn't know if there were anymore performance gains to be had by ceramic coating them? Or just to help protect your leg from getting scorched.

Back