Pulsing rear brake

vocaldog

VocalDog
Ride
2005 Rocket Standard
My rear brake pulses only when the pedal is depressed. The disc has about 10,000 miles on it, and the pads have about 1,000 miles. I'm wondering what my options are. Does the disc float, and it might be seized? (I live in a humid area) Can it be reconditioned, or do I need to buy a new one?

If the timing of the pulsing is consistent with the decel under braking (ie. The pulsing slows as the bikes slows) then it might be worth measuring for run out. If you don't have a gauge a brake shop should be able to do it for you.

If the timing of the pulsing is consistent with the decel under braking (ie. The pulsing slows as the bikes slows) then it might be worth measuring for run out. If you don't have a gauge a brake shop should be able to do it for you.
Thank you.

My rear brake pulses only when the pedal is depressed. The disc has about 10,000 miles on it, and the pads have about 1,000 miles. I'm wondering what my options are. Does the disc float, and it might be seized? (I live in a humid area) Can it be reconditioned, or do I need to buy a new one?

Tell yourself it has a prototype ABS system and rejoice! ;):D

Back