Proud owner of 2 Rockets

R3D

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I haven't posted much..... well maybe only once before but I need to know. My older Rocket is an 05 with between 190k and 200k miles on it. Still runs great and other than not having 4th gear for the last couple of years is still a great and dependable bike. My "new" one is an 08 I found last year with only 7k miles at the time. Both bikes stock except cat delete and TORS.
It is obvious to me that the 05 is WAY faster than the 08. The 08 seems to have a throttle lag that the 05 doesn't have. If I twist to full throttle and let up on it, I can feel it pull harder as I let up on the throttle. Any ideas from the experts?
Thanks,
R3D

Welcome mate, sorry i dont have an answer to you question but someone with an answer will be along soon im sure. I just wanted to say WOW 190000 miles is an awesome amount of riding , id lay bet that your Rocket would have to be at the top of the mileage list on this particular forum.

Well, you're definitely an enthusiast. Welcome aboard.

Is the 95 faster because it has red stripes?

Old bike might have a more unrestricted tune in it than the 2008 model. @HansO might be able to check if you are able to save the tunes on a pic.

Might be starving for fuel, has fuel filter ever been changed ?

P.S. Not implying I'm an expert by any means :confused:

Good thinking Fred. Despite the low mileage in 9 years the fuel may have gone off at some stage in long lay-ups and blocked fuel filter which would not normally be changed due to low mileage.

Back