Jamie

Living Legend
Are progressive still in business? Last time I talked to them, 2-3 months ago, while trying to purchase pairs of 440's (from memory) for fellow Rocket owners, their reply was: "sorry we are moving to another location" . I remember posting something here accordingly

I wrote a f/u message to them this pm, but it bounced:confused:. I also contacted one of my former and favorite suppliers in the US of A (known to many of you), i.e. Baxter. Baxter's immediate reply was, in effect, that they don't (= no longer) offer Progressive's and that they recommend Hagon shocks.

And NO, Progressive don't have an official dealer in Switz. which could otherwise partially explain their non-responsiveness to me.

Thanks for any clarification you can come up with. Jamie:)

Thanks SpeedBike. We're looking for std length 440 (if that's indeed Progressive's top-of-the-line shock ???), chrome-plated (springs and body). A plated shroud over the upper half of the springs would be fine, but it's not a prerequisite.

Is that what you got? If so, what's the part n° and what sort of price per pair should we tentatively expect?

Jamie

Jaime,

There is a reference chart online at Progressive's website (www.progressivesuspension.com). I bought the 13" length, but I think the stock length is 12.5". I did buy the version you described (440's, Standard, all Chrome, part #440-4213c).

The Progressive reference chart gives you the breakdown between length, finish (black, silver, or chrome), and Standard vs. HD. There is a different part number for each variation of the shock. If you go to www.phatperformanceparts.com and do a search under "Progressive 440", it will give you the pricing and part number for each length, finish, and firmness option.

Phat Performance sells the Black or Silver version for around $400 and the completely Chrome ones for around $540. They are expensive, but they are great shocks (with a great warranty and warranty service).

You need a supplier that will ship overseas to individuals. A lot of companies in the U.S. don't because of stricter regulations since 9/11.

440's

By the way Jamie, they stand by their product as I had one blow out and they rebuilt it very quickly. Good for the life of the bike.

Two cases of blown-out Progressive's amongst my RCE constituents :confused:(you see, I try to help them with their shopping). Probably NOT representative but a point of concern, all the same. And shipping them back from Europe to the US for warranty repair or replacement is a terribly costly proposition (although the warranty service, in itself, is apparently commendable)

Now, I have just read marvels about the Australian IKON Rocket-specific shocks (formerly KONI and KONI anagram:rolleyes:, when KONI decided to exit the bike market and sold the tooling, drawings et all).

Any first-hand experience?

Thanks again. Jamie

Back