Progressive Shocks

britman

Nitrous
Ride
2005 Rocket 3/2014 Moto Guzzi Touring
I just took my first ride after I installed the Progressive 440's. (Sixty degrees today and sunny.) What a world of difference. Tomo is right, well worth the price. Ride is great and handling actually feels better.

pastorfreak

Supercharged
I rode the demo Rocket today WOW Cant wait for mine to come in. I did notice that when going into a corner and leaning a bit hard into it you feel a almost small hop in the rear is that because of the stock shocks or from the wide tire? Not something that made me feel like I was going down or anything just noticed a little bit of it.

Freak

triroketman

Supercharged
In response to Pastorfreak, I am not sure what you are referencing "a hop". I have plenty of miles and curves and have never experienced any sort of "hop" in the rear end. I did notice that when I had a demo ride on an R3, I had to push it through the curves. I did find out that the tires on the demo bike were low on air. My R3 sails through the corners like you wouldn't believe, but I go into the corners slower than I used to (last bike was a Triumph Trophy) so I don't drag the floorboards but watch out coming out of the corners I gun it. Fantastic.
Dave
06 R&W

pastorfreak

Supercharged
That could have been the problem I didnt check the tires. Just wondering if anyone else feel this hop for the lack of a better word. Almost like you are going over small bumps in a corner. THe last time I rode it I didnt notice it but I didint go through any wide corners with any speed and I was only going maybe 30 at that it was kind of an exit from one road to another with a speeping curve.

Freak

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
That could have been the problem I didnt check the tires. Just wondering if anyone else feel this hop for the lack of a better word. Almost like you are going over small bumps in a corner. THe last time I rode it I didnt notice it but I didint go through any wide corners with any speed and I was only going maybe 30 at that it was kind of an exit from one road to another with a speeping curve.

Freak
I believe Pegasus mentioned that he experienced the back tire skipping out in turns with the stock shocks (but not with the 440's).