Progressive or linear springs?

Taurobiker

Ahora sabes porque!!!
Ride
Triumph Rocket III Classic
Greetings!!!

I want to mount better quality springs in the forks of my R3 Classic 2006, I want to know which is the best option and what you think about it: progressive springs or linear springs and why?

I bought a couple of rear shock absorbers from YSS and I want to improve the forks too, I don't have money for some cartridges. I almost always do routes on secondary roads with a passenger and I don't pass 120 km/h, sometimes I go out alone, I run more and I make more curves

These are the YSS rear shock absorbers

IMG-20200505-140902.jpg

Hi. I installed Patriot Suspension front springs in my forks. They are a "progressive" design. They are available on Ebay for $40 USD. They work very well with 7.5 weight fork oil. Many Rocket riders have purchased Progressive brand fork spring and change to the 7.5 weight fork oil with remarkable results. It is a relatively inexpensive up-grade that works very well both riding single and two up. Do it you will be happy.

Hew much does swapping the springs change the ride feel? I'm used to race bikes, so my touring feels like a recliner armchair.

Greetings!!!

I want to mount better quality springs in the forks of my R3 Classic 2006, I want to know which is the best option and what you think about it: progressive springs or linear springs and why?

I bought a couple of rear shock absorbers from YSS and I want to improve the forks too, I don't have money for some cartridges. I almost always do routes on secondary roads with a passenger and I don't pass 120 km/h, sometimes I go out alone, I run more and I make more curves

These are the YSS rear shock absorbers

IMG-20200505-140902.jpg
May I ask what series YSS shocks did you pick up?

Hew much does swapping the springs change the ride feel? I'm used to race bikes, so my touring feels like a recliner armchair.
Depending on the springs you put in the difference can be everything from hardly noticeable to, if you get professional help calculating the springs for your weight / optional initial sag - a world of difference.

I have progressive suspension shocks and springs. Bought them at oemcycles . Much better performance than the original version

Attachments

• 20200424_165338.jpg
    20200424_165338.jpg
    307.2 KB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot_20200408-190549~2.png
    Screenshot_20200408-190549~2.png
    585.3 KB · Views: 23
[QUOTE = "Idaho Red Rocket 3, publicación: 705967, miembro: 1743"]
Hola. Instalé muelles delanteros de suspensión Patriot en mis horquillas. Son un diseño "progresivo". Están disponibles en Ebay por $ 40 USD. Funcionan muy bien con aceite para horquillas de peso 7.5. Muchos pilotos de cohetes han comprado el resorte de horquilla de la marca Progressive y han cambiado al aceite de horquilla de peso 7.5 con resultados notables. Es una categoría relativamente barata que funciona muy bien tanto en una sola carrera como en dos. Hazlo serás feliz.
[/ CITAR]
PATRIOT es la marca? No los encuentro por eBay

Back