progressive front springs - worth doing?

Mike Sands

Supercharged
Ride
roadster 2012
Triumph are replacing top yoke and fork bottoms under warranty next month, so I am wondering about asking the dealer to swap the standard springs for some Hagon progressives.
But will it be worth it for me. I always ride solo, and i don't ride aggressively. Would like a more compliant ride - less sharp thumps over short bumps. Am I likely to get what I want with progressive springs?
Thanks
Mike

Triumph are replacing top yoke and fork bottoms under warranty next month, so I am wondering about asking the dealer to swap the standard springs for some Hagon progressives.
But will it be worth it for me. I always ride solo, and i don't ride aggressively. Would like a more compliant ride - less sharp thumps over short bumps. Am I likely to get what I want with progressive springs?
Thanks
Mike

I always ride solo and wanted the same things you want out of your suspension and the Progressive Suspension(front and rear) gave it to me.

The moment I left the shop I noted the new "smoothness" ,even on the freeway and it just gets better.Im still trying to find the time to give them an all day work out on bad roads.
My old ones had 20000klms on them and were obviously fawked

you see guys that's what's confusing me. I don't really need better handling or less dive or anything .... just a more compliant ride, and I'm slightly nervous that progresssives are just going to firm everything up.
Mike

Better handling and a better ride go hand in hand.
Being adjustable you can soften or firm the rears up to suit the load.
You can experiment with various weight oils to tune the front.

you see guys that's what's confusing me. I don't really need better handling or less dive or anything .... just a more compliant ride, and I'm slightly nervous that progresssives are just going to firm everything up.
Mike

They do,.... but in the RIGHT way... like the difference between a wallowy old Caddilac that bucks & yaws & runs wide thru corners, to a nice new BMW 7 series..MORE comfortable & a dam sight safer.

Back