Progressive Front Fork Springs

PriorityOne

.020 Over
I know it's been talked about before, but can anybody report on the before and after performance with the Progressive front fork springs ? Do they reduce the front end dive under breaking? Thanks.... 8)

[/b]

Yes, they do, but I'm unable to compare how much over new stock springs. I do feel they perform better than the ones I had in there that had 40k miles on them.

I'd up your fork oil too, put in a 10W or something along with the Progs.

PriorityOne said:
I know it's been talked about before, but can anybody report on the before and after performance with the Progressive front fork springs ? Do they reduce the front end dive under breaking? Thanks.... 8)

Havn't noticed, don't brake much :D
Used heavier oil too
Les

[/b]

Update on the performance of the Progressive Front Springs:

Overall, I am very happy with the performance. I have about 300 miles on the new springs already. Here is what I can say: First, I wanted to get rid of the 'diving' the front end takes while braking. It does a great job of that! (PS - I'm using standard weight oil) The bike settles in a lot quicker braking into a corner, and gives a more stable feeling through the corner. As someone else mentioned (on the freeway) hitting an expansion joint does not 'jar' you near as bad as with the std. springs. IMO - the upgrade was well worth the money! The bike is a lot more stable now than before.
PS - I also have the 440's on the rear which was one of the first upgrades I did to my '06 Rocket. That was like night & day difference. I wish now that I had done the front springs earlier! 8)

PriorityOne said:
Update on the performance of the Progressive Front Springs:

Overall, I am very happy with the performance. I have about 300 miles on the new springs already. Here is what I can say: First, I wanted to get rid of the 'diving' the front end takes while braking. It does a great job of that! (PS - I'm using standard weight oil) The bike settles in a lot quicker braking into a corner, and gives a more stable feeling through the corner. As someone else mentioned (on the freeway) hitting an expansion joint does not 'jar' you near as bad as with the std. springs. IMO - the upgrade was well worth the money! The bike is a lot more stable now than before.
PS - I also have the 440's on the rear which was one of the first upgrades I did to my '06 Rocket. That was like night & day difference. I wish now that I had done the front springs earlier! 8)

Is the installation a fairly easy process and did you change the oil or just let the stock springs drip off back into the fork tube?

..Mike..if ya don't have the 'special tools'..(trust me on this).. :lol: ..just pop off the front wheel..drop the fork tubes..take 'em to the dealer with your progressives and have 'em change springs and oil too..

He has access to the tools.

Well, W&P has them right now, but they are still local ATM.

It's pretty easy to change them out, even the fork oil, just get a 1000cc syringe and a hose and suck it out. Suck up 667cc (wonder if they added one more cc on purpose) of your new fork oil into the syringe and squirt it back in each fork.

I think Sam was thinking about adding a petcock to his forks to do quick and easy oil changes. That would be pretty sweet.

Back