Problems with gipro and gear position sensor

mpbpub

.020 Over
Ride
2010 R3R
Hiya
I'm not great at posting but I could do with some advice.
I love my Rocket and so far have fitted Tors (with the appropriate map), Ventura luggage system (for the Isle of Man TT race week), Crash bars or dresser bars, Harley Daymakers LED headlights, Kuryakyn LED halo trim angel eyes as well as Eastern Beaver. I have also fitted a Gipro atre.
The gipro atre is the problem.
I had an engine management light come on and after checking with Tune ecu it was the gear position sensor. After trying all sorts of things I bought a replacement kit and after a lot of faffing about with the extra leads, I fitted it yesterday. All 's good and working but I haven't linked in the gipro.
Here's the question - what do I have to adjust on the map with tune ecu to achieve the same effect as the gipro.
Sorry for the lengthy explanation but hopefully someone will get what I mean.

Hiya
I'm not great at posting but I could do with some advice.
I love my Rocket and so far have fitted Tors (with the appropriate map), Ventura luggage system (for the Isle of Man TT race week), Crash bars or dresser bars, Harley Daymakers LED headlights, Kuryakyn LED halo trim angel eyes as well as Eastern Beaver. I have also fitted a Gipro atre.
The gipro atre is the problem.
I had an engine management light come on and after checking with Tune ecu it was the gear position sensor. After trying all sorts of things I bought a replacement kit and after a lot of faffing about with the extra leads, I fitted it yesterday. All 's good and working but I haven't linked in the gipro.
Here's the question - what do I have to adjust on the map with tune ecu to achieve the same effect as the gipro.
Sorry for the lengthy explanation but hopefully someone will get what I mean.

You can set all the values in the secondaries table to 100%. This is the biggest restriction on low end power. If you did this to get the timing in the lower gears to be the same as the higher gears, just copy the high gear ignition tables into the lower gear ignition tables. This IMHO is a waste of time.

Funny thing happened on my ride home tonight, my GPS went out. Bike in the shop under warrenty to fix. 4,699 miles when it went out :-(

What I meant to post Phil is that the updated GPS kit from Hinckley Triumph plugs into the Gear Position Sensor harness and also the Primary Throttle Position Sensor

Attachments

• Rocket3GPSkit.pdf
    136.1 KB · Views: 67
Back