Primary Throttle Position Sensor Availability

tdragger

Living Legend
Just spoke with Peter at Triumph N/A and he reports that the Pri TPS (T1245113) has been received from whereever they are sourced. They were received on Tuesday and have been shipped out to dealers on Wednesday. Triumph N/A still has 17 in stock as of right now.

From the Triumph website (Peter is the Customer Service number):

CONTACT US

Triumph Motorcycles (America) Ltd.
385 Walt Sanders Memorial Drive
Suite 100
Newnan, Georgia 30265
Main Telephone: (678) 854-2010
Customer Service: (678) 854-2010, extension 2064
Dealer Development: (678) 854-2010, extension 2046

what's going on?

In the past month my R3 has started to idle ruff and lower than usual, around 700rpm, rather than the usual 1000 or so. Three days ago it stalled on me three times at stop lights. Each time, it was hard to re-fire it. I drove it straight to the dealer. I guess I am two months out of warrantee, but they are suppose to be treating it like a recall, but service techs have to try Triumph's suggestions first. They are waiting for a part that sounds like this. Does my problem sound like something this would fix? Mine is an 06 Classic with 9K miles. I bought it new from dealer 2/08.

I'm not sure about the low idle situation. Mine is having a high idle problem like the throttle is stuck at 2300 rpm. It also runs very rough at that setting.

You should be getting the tps in fairly quick. Hopefully it will solve your problem.

Last night I discovered that BikeBandit had cancelled my order for the Primary TPS. No email notification, no call, no contact whatsoever. I found out only by logging into their system to check the status. Next contact will be to AMA (American Motorcyclist Association) to complain. BikeBandit is a major AMA sponsor.

I decided to take a long shot and called Baxters Triumph in Iowa. Dudes and Dudettes, consider yourself very fortunate if you are within reasonable distance of Baxters. They had 2 in stock (part no T1245113, blue innards) and I was able to secure one of them which will be here on Monday.

In return, I turned them on to TuneECU. Hopefully they can make use of it.

Apparently, Triumph N/A got a big shipment in last week and sent most of them out to dealers. It looks like demand was high enough that they are already in a backorder status again. I feel fortunate.

FYI, The new Primary TPS did resolve my low idle problem. The technician was convinced it was something else, but had to do what Triumph told him because they were honoring the warrantee although I was two months out of warrantee. Also installed a new download?

Back