Price for a new R3R

Smitty81

.060 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket III Roadster
A dealer near me is selling a new 2016 R3R for $12,750 plus freight/paperwork/etc. I'm going up there tomorrow morning to buy it. Truth be told I'd pay that price and be happy. I'm thinking of offering between $12k-$12.5k out the door to see if they go for it. Given how far below MSRP the asking price is already, does my offer seem unreasonable?

MSRP is 15,999. His price is already $3,250 below.

Won't hurt to try a lower price, he is trying to make room for '17 model at full price

MSRP is 15,999. His price is already $3,250 below.

Won't hurt to try a lower price, he is trying to make room for '17 model at full price

That's what I'm thinking. It's been listed at this price since last summer (I assume it's the same bike). I'm hoping that since it hasn't moved, if I go in there motivated to buy he'll bend a little.

I went to buy a class 8 truck once and named my price. The dealer said no way. So I stood, shook his hand, said thanks and headed for the door. He called out to come back and he would sell it to me for my price. When the deal was over, he asked was was I really going to leave. I told him yes, I was gonna leave, eat lunch and come back and pay his price. He called me a S.O.B. I just laughed at him.
Good luck.

I would try. They need to move bikes not collect them. Most of the time they are getting money back from the manufacturer to move inventory. It wont hurt to ask.

I have on several occasions I came in a few dollars below the asking price, and requested it as an out the door price. Usually they will go for it, for I am not trying to get them to give the bike to me on the one hand, and while tax title and tags are a nuisance for we it's a chump change to the dealer so burying that much into the price is no big deal for them.

... make them an 'out the door offer' that is reasonable to you and them and let them digest the offer, you have nothing to lose by it and a little to gain if they approve it!

Back