pressure vs tps for power commander v

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
is this worth the effort ?
any tips and how to?
seems like pressure would be a much better control scheme, would look at all 3 cylinders too, I think

please

R-III-R Turbo

Mine is the biggest :)
Ride
2.5L Stroker Rocket III, 04 Hayabusa
I think yes, for the very small throttle openings, i.e. 0-3% or so.
But once you get into big throttle %s, the throttle % is better.
It's like the pressure works better because you can have a wide range of pressures when the throttle barely moves at like 0-3% for example. And vice versa at the other end of the scale, i.e. pressure doesn't change all that much at 50-100% throttle.

That's my impression so far anyway, bear in mind I'm far far far from expert at tuning. It'd be nice if @Neville Lush could school us some on this kind of thing.
But since it's done this way from factory I can only assume it's the best way.

I made up a splicer mini harness to go between the MAP plug and the MAP sensor (connectors are 3 way Econoseal AMP), with the 0-5V signal wire piggybacked with an extra wire going back to the PCV analogue input.

20200501_200334.jpg

20200501_205343.jpg

20200430_233723.jpg

And switched over to pressure based autotuning in the PCV map, using the same amount of columns as TuneECU has (makes life a lot easier if you want to eventually import all your PCV trims etc into TuneECU map and remove the PCV & AT)

7 30-Apr-20.png

Then used readings from TuneECU MAP sensor volts vs pressure to calibrate the 0-5V input on PCV.
(of course you have to convert the hPa numbers into psi first)

At idle

1593455748745.png

With engine off
1593455836277.png

6 30-Apr-20.png

Some small tweaks were necessary to get the "pressure" on the PCV screen to read 0.00 when the engine was off.
At this point the bike was autotuning based on MAP value.

N.B. when you changeover from TPS to pressure tuning (and vice versa) in PCV, it wipes the AFR table clear, so be aware of that.

You can of course import PCV trims into TuneECU, but bear in mind though, %TP based trims need to go into F tables only, and pressure based trims need to go into L tables only. They don't correspond cell position wise.
If you run the bike at idle and switch between throttle position based maps and pressure based maps, you'll see the live cell being referenced is highlighted, and that idle for example is around the left side of the throttle table whereas it's in the middle for the pressure table.

Anyway once i got good smooth fuelling at very small throttle %s (from tuning with pressure), switched back over to % throttle based mapping.

An odd time a manual intervention was required to smoothen out the maps. Having a POD 300 to log MAP, % throttle, rpm and AFR is a great tool for this.

hoopla

Mained to ride!
Ride
2016 Rocket Roadster
I think yes, for the very small throttle openings, i.e. 0-3% or so.
But once you get into big throttle %s, the throttle % is better.
It's like the pressure works better because you can have a wide range of pressures when the throttle barely moves at like 0-3% for example. And vice versa at the other end of the scale, i.e. pressure doesn't change all that much at 50-100% throttle.

That's my impression so far anyway, bear in mind I'm far far far from expert at tuning. It'd be nice if @Neville Lush could school us some on this kind of thing.
But since it's done this way from factory I can only assume it's the best way.

I made up a splicer mini harness to go between the MAP plug and the MAP sensor (connectors are 3 way Econoseal AMP), with the 0-5V signal wire piggybacked with an extra wire going back to the PCV analogue input.

View attachment 94557

View attachment 94558
View attachment 94564

And switched over to pressure based autotuning in the PCV map, using the same amount of columns as TuneECU has (makes life a lot easier if you want to eventually import all your PCV trims etc into TuneECU map and remove the PCV & AT)

View attachment 94567

Then used readings from TuneECU MAP sensor volts vs pressure to calibrate the 0-5V input on PCV.
(of course you have to convert the hPa numbers into psi first)

At idle

View attachment 94568

With engine off
View attachment 94569

View attachment 94571

Some small tweaks were necessary to get the "pressure" on the PCV screen to read 0.00 when the engine was off.
At this point the bike was autotuning based on MAP value.

N.B. when you changeover from TPS to pressure tuning (and vice versa) in PCV, it wipes the AFR table clear, so be aware of that.

You can of course import PCV trims into TuneECU, but bear in mind though, %TP based trims need to go into F tables only, and pressure based trims need to go into L tables only. They don't correspond cell position wise.
If you run the bike at idle and switch between throttle position based maps and pressure based maps, you'll see the live cell being referenced is highlighted, and that idle for example is around the left side of the throttle table whereas it's in the middle for the pressure table.

Anyway once i got good smooth fuelling at very small throttle %s (from tuning with pressure), switched back over to % throttle based mapping.

An odd time a manual intervention was required to smoothen out the maps. Having a POD 300 to log MAP, % throttle, rpm and AFR is a great tool for this.
thanks for the info