Prep for Cross Country Ride

Jabbo

.020 Over
Ride
2022 Rocket 3 R
This August I will be riding my 2022 Rocket 3 R cross country. This will be my first trip of more than 1000 miles. I am looking for tips and advice for a three-week-long ride. My bike is scheduled for its 21,000-mile service and two new tires later this month. I have the factory saddle bags, a magnetic tank bag, and a rear seat bag to store my gear. I have no mechanic skills, so a tire patch kit with compressor and a portable battery jump starter are all the "tools" I currently have on my must-have list. I will be staying in hotels, so I do not need camping gear. Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• 3701201a.jpg
    3701201a.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 22
Get tow insurance as a precaution (useful for flats you can't patch or breakdowns). Take some terry towels you can soak in water and wear under your jacket when the temps get high. I did an Iron Butt in the summer and that was the only thing that saved my carcass from heat stroke. Drink at every stop, thirsty or not. Good Luck

AAA card, don't leave home without it! Have fun :D
The insurance I have on my bike includes reimbursement for towing. That being considered, do you still think AAA is worthwhile?

The insurance I have on my bike includes reimbursement for towing. That being considered, do you still think AAA is worthwhile?
I think you need the 'Premier towing' for your motorcycle if you use AAA. The other plans won't tow your MC. If you have motorcycle towing on your insurance your good. :thumbsup:

Back