Bulletproof

.020 Over
Hi Guys I have a 2007 Rocket with black Predators but didn't get heat shields from previous owner. I attempted to PM Travelguy with no response. Can anyone assist me in how I might get some? My right leg and my girlfriends will thank you in advance:) !

Even with the heat shields, I think you will find that unless you wrap the header portion, they are still very hot on hot days and very uncomfortable for both you and your passengers. I have Jardines and was not able to ride the bike for any distance at all on days over 95 degrees. I removed the header and heat wrapped with 2 in heat wrap tape. Since I have done this mod, I am able to handle the heat on this really hot days. Good luck and ride safe and cool-er.

Big T

exhaust heat shields are do-able. you'll have to have the correct bends in the next larger exhaust pipe made to the exact pattern as your predators, and then cut out the portion that you'll use for shields on your existing predator header. a custom muffler or exhaust shop should be able to help you if you can't get them otherwise.

Thanks for the responses. I did see photos of some Predator equipped Rockets with what appears to be heat shields designed for the pipes and was hoping for same from Travelguy. I'm thinking I will wrap the headers and see how it looks/performs.

Thanks

Surprises me that Sam hasn't got back to you, but I have to ask are you not able to get the shields from previous owner? Otherwise try Sam again I now he is often busy and may take a day to get back to you, has the Pred's got the lgs for the heat shields? If not it have been one of the sets that some people have ordered without shields.:D

BulletProof what you have ther is the first style of Predators the little rod is to keep you from touching the pipes. In a sense it is the only heat shield that cam with those pipes. Later he changed his design and added heat shields. Sam is always doinf new stuff and improving his older designs also.

I have a set of predator exhaust shields and the mounting instructions that I got from Sam. I've gone with header wrap and I like the look. I still have these somewhere and would be happy to send them to you for the shipping cost.

Back