Pre 2010 rockets

Murphy21

Standard Bore
Ride
Triumph sprint gt, ktm 1290 sas
Hi guys, I'm looking at buying my first rocket 3, its a 2005 with 27k on the clocks, bike look the business and really fancy buying it but I've been warned off by someone saying not to buy one built before 2010 due to issues, some of which are fairly major, is this true? And should I not buy a 2005 bike? Thanks, Dave

I agree 09 was the first year for the updated transmission. And the last year of the classic models with two toned colors.

I agree 09 was the first year for the updated transmission. And the last year of the classic models with two toned colors.
So your advice is I shouldn't buy the 2005 bike and look for a newer model?

Hi guys, I'm looking at buying my first rocket 3, its a 2005 with 27k on the clocks, bike look the business and really fancy buying it but I've been warned off by someone saying not to buy one built before 2010 due to issues, some of which are fairly major, is this true? And should I not buy a 2005 bike? Thanks, Dave
I have a 2007 Classic with a cat delete, TORS, Eastern Beaver ignition switch conversion and a remap. Only had some stalling problems with it, but cured with some Redline fuel cleaner. Don't have too many miles on it though. Apart from the stalling all ok.

the problem with the early sometimes they popped out of 2nd
the problem with the later sometimes it loses the clip on the trans and grinds the gears to pieces (might even lock the gears)
for the right price i would go with early if u have the money i would go with the latest especially with abs

Back