PowerCommanderV+AutoTune on 2005 Rocket

Firstly Welcome to the forum, once you get one get the AT as well, I have a good PCV map with much better AFR table than you will find on thier website so if you get it and the Auto Tune as Dennis has already suggested send me a PM with your e mail address, Dennis and others I have given it to have all liked it, It is copied AFR tables out of Wayne Tripps fabulous tunes

Thanks for the welcome post and answers.
Now i need to run to ebay to make an order :)

I'm going to install PCV, triples and Jardines in the next little while and then get a professional dyno done. Don't have Autotune as of yet. Couple of questions:

1) Is this tune for triples + Jardines or something close?
2) Do I need Autotune to use it?
3) If I use Autotune - will that mess up whatever the dyno guy does?

Thanks!

I'm going to install PCV, triples and Jardines in the next little while and then get a professional dyno done. Don't have Autotune as of yet. Couple of questions:

1) Is this tune for triples + Jardines or something close?
2) Do I need Autotune to use it?
3) If I use Autotune - will that mess up whatever the dyno guy does?

Thanks!
save your money from the Dyno the Auto Tune will do it all for you believe me:cool: read Post #3

John,

The way I understand it ( I'm still sorting this out as well ) you still need to have a base "Tune" loaded in the ECU for your bike that matches up to the changes we are making to the exhaust, intake using TuneEcu Tuneboy etc...
I was not planning on using the auto tune, I was just going to have the bike dyno'd and be done with it.
A couple of things that changed my mind were the people who have auto tune say they are worth it, and my dealer wanted a minimum of $140 up to $200+ to adjust the A/F mixtures. The dealer is also brand new to the triumph line.. so I am not sure of their experience in tuning a rocket. So for a few dollars more I got the Auto Tune.

I have a base TuneEcu tune that goes with the R3T, jardines, triple filters.
The PCV with auto tune and the fuel table that Hans has put together based on Wayne's work... so as Hans told me.... the auto tune will constantly adjust your mixture to give the best efficiency according to the AFR table.

Perhaps someone else that actually knows first hand will jump in and better answer your questions... but that is what I understand and the direction I am heading with my bike.
Curt

John,

The way I understand it ( I'm still sorting this out as well ) you still need to have a base "Tune" loaded in the ECU for your bike that matches up to the changes we are making to the exhaust, intake using TuneEcu Tuneboy etc...
I was not planning on using the auto tune, I was just going to have the bike dyno'd and be done with it.
A couple of things that changed my mind were the people who have auto tune say they are worth it, and my dealer wanted a minimum of $140 up to $200+ to adjust the A/F mixtures. The dealer is also brand new to the triumph line.. so I am not sure of their experience in tuning a rocket. So for a few dollars more I got the Auto Tune.

I have a base TuneEcu tune that goes with the R3T, jardines, triple filters.
The PCV with auto tune and the fuel table that Hans has put together based on Wayne's work... so as Hans told me.... the auto tune will constantly adjust your mixture to give the best efficiency according to the AFR table.

Perhaps someone else that actually knows first hand will jump in and better answer your questions... but that is what I understand and the direction I am heading with my bike.
Curt

You seem to be on track and it's easier than you think after a couple of practice runs you will be an expert :D

If your a little unsure just ask here.. hanso is the Oracle ;)

John send me your e-mail and I will send you a TuneECU base tune to suit your bike ( 08 ,triples, jardines) plus my AFR tables with instructions
Hans

Dennis I am hardly an Oracle, just somebody that likes to figure things out to make it better and share my findings

Back