Huntin Dawg

.060 Over
Ride
2012 R3R; 2009 Victory Vision Tour (Double Darkside)
I've been searching the forum and found a wealth of information on power mods from intakes to exhausts, but I can't seem to find the thread that really got me thinking. There seems to be some technical insight that there is a direct relationship between a bike's color and speed. I had to purchase my bike in matte black because it was the only one at the dealership. I love the color, but more importantly what should I expect performance-wise with the "bad-boy" paint. I can only theorize that flat black is less reflective and therefore absorbs more sunlight. Sunlight is energy... and energy is power... and power = speed :D
It might not measure up to a R3R, but a great example would be the SR71 Blackbird.
Has anyone been able to prove this theory?

I've been searching the forum and found a wealth of information on power mods from intakes to exhausts, but I can't seem to find the thread that really got me thinking. There seems to be some technical insight that there is a direct relationship between a bike's color and speed. I had to purchase my bike in matte black because it was the only one at the dealership. I love the color, but more importantly what should I expect performance-wise with the "bad-boy" paint. I can only theorize that flat black is less reflective and therefore absorbs more sunlight. Sunlight is energy... and energy is power... and power = speed :D
It might not measure up to a R3R, but a great example would be the SR71 Blackbird.
Has anyone been able to prove this theory?

Dawg! (Sigh), I am with you brother..... But this will no doubt open up a fleshy festering wound in the colour debate:cool:
I like the way you think........

Mittzy. I am well thanks for asking. Been extremely busy with one thing and another. Taking long needed scoot tomorrow may even get some pics to share with our friends across the colder side of the planet just to brighten their day a bit.

:evil: So will the pin stripes on mine make it faster too. Was told a long time ago that stripes make things faster! :D

Back