Power source options.

Discussion in 'Rocket III Roadster' started by Tony Casey, Feb 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tony Casey

Tony Casey.020 Over

Australia
    Ride:
    2012 Triumph Rocket Roadster
    Finally sorted out my power commander v and AT too work together, the problem i was having there was a bad connection on the positive side. I had connected the power wire to my rear brake light, tapping into the wire with the tags supplied by dynajet this gave me insufficient power to power up the autotune. My question to all of you out there with the same setup where did you draw your power source from, there my be a better solution that i could try.

2. Ishrub

IshrubRetired and loving it!

Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    R3 Roadster,Sprint ST 1050 ABS, BMW R100RS sidecar
    I was lazy and just shoved the AT200's thin bared red wire tip into the fuse block alongside a blade fuse that powered up with ignition. Always intended to wire in but it has been working fine for about 10,000km now.;):D

3. Ygransom

YgransomSupercharged

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    08R3T
    I used an Eastern Beaver PC8 fuse block. I think that if your adding accessories need a fuse block rather than tapping into existing curcuits. Makes it easy to trouble shoot later.

4. Jag

JagLiving Legend

United States
    Featured Threads:
    Ride:
    2013 R3T
  5. Claviger

ClavigerLiving Legend

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
    I used positaps as well, connected to the rear running ligh circuit, though I use all LED lights, so there’s a good bit of overhead light circuits on my bike.

One of these days I’ll rip out all the wiring and redo the harness to actually take full advantage of my PDM60.

While we’re on the topic of electricity, just picked up the attached for my car. It’s the only 12V to lightning power source I’ve found yet that actually fast charges the phone. Nice because an IPhone + sized phone with screen on running GPS, BT streaming music will “barely” charge from a 1/2 amp usb plug with all that running.

Attached Files:

6. barbagris

barbagrisMad Scientist

Featured Threads:
    Media:
    On the verge of insanity : Madrid - Spain
    Ride:
    2009 R3-Standard - 1979 Guzzi V1000G5
    PDM60 - I used the wire that feeds the California EVAP box (which I don't have) to trigger it on. I HATE TAPS

7. Kenneth67

Kenneth67.020 Over

United Kingdom
    Featured Threads:
    Media:
    Ride:
    09 Rocket III
    A simple relay, activated by the taillight/DRL live connector under right hand side cover.

Shove the live wire supplying relay electromagnet into said connector (between the spade and the connector wall) from the rear lol.
    Tape the 2 wires together to stop it coming out, and a short bit of heat shrink over the whole lot for neatness.

Live supply for the switched circuit then can come direct from battery + (include an inline fuse)

+1 on positaps and T-taps etc may be quick and easy but they are sh1t finish/awkward in wiring layout terms imo