Power commander V for 2018 question.

Tyler Bonser

.020 Over
Ride
2005 rocket III/2018 rocket III
So getting upgrades for my 2018 rocket iii and I keep seeing the power commander V isn't compatible with 2018, only 2017 and older. Is this correct or will it still work with my 18?

Yes. Don't know why DynoJet does that. They did that when they came out with it years ago. They said something like it is only good for up to 2012 or some such nonsense. If it is good for the 2017 then it is good for the 2018. No changes between those 2 years. But not needed if you can find a dyno tuner who uses TuneECU.

Last edited:
Yes. Don't know why DynoJet does that. They did that when they came out with it years ago. They said something like it is only good for up to 2012 or some such nonsense. If it is good for the 2017 then it is good for the 2018. No changes between those 2 years. But not needed if you can find a dyno tuner who uses TuneECU.
I figured they were the same but wanted to make sure. Thanks

its good from 2014 up...
No...youll need tunecu to do that...but why???it'll do 220kph now...
Tal, I've been to Minnesota before and they can't go that fast there, well not into the wind anyway. Last time I rode there (about 30 years ago) we had a head wind of 70mph. Poor little Honda I was on could not hardly push through it... ;)

This might be the same as the speed limiter. Will the power commander get rid of the power restriction in 1st and 2nd?

Back