power comander for an 05 rocket 3

rocket3rider

Standard Bore
Ride
2005 rocket 3
hey guys whats the best bang for my buck.. i have an 05 standard rocket all stock...pc 3 or pc 5? any benefits that 1 has over the other and if after plugging in and downloading the proper stock tune what changes will i notice with this setup? any help would be appreciated..thanks in advance

What realy matters is are you going to have it tuned. If so then find out what the tuner knows. Cheapest andmore versatile would be tune ecu. But if your tuner does not know it you can reflash the ecu and then decide if you want more. Now I am not sure if the PCIII is made anymore. The PCV will work even if they still only list it for the 09 and newer. The 09 classics and standards have the same ecu so whether they want to admit it or not it will work. Also PCV will also use auto tune this is a extra add on. @HansO will be along to fill in the power commander questions.

I got a PCIII last year. The PCV should allow separate maps for each cylinder but that's probably overkill. If it's completely stock, you're not going to gain much. Power is restricted in the stock tune in the first 3 gears by closing the secondary throttle plates. You could use the TuneECU program to open the plates up 100%, then have a Power Commander installed and dyno tuned. I don't think it's worth doing, especially if the bike is running well now.

I have the pcv and have since learned the standard pcv maps are generic and not that great !
If going for the pcv , best to have it dynod and custom mapped , but as @dougl says , not really worth it unless planning on other mods such as air filters and pipes .
If I was starting again from scratch I would opt for the lonelec cable and tune ecu , then appeal to Hanso the rocket master ! :thumbsup:

Back