canecorso

The custom seat man
Ride
2005 Triumph Rocket 3 Classic
I found this really good guy that does powder coating but does car or truck rims.
I asked him if he will do my rims a orange and black that he had on display looked so cool and figured if he can do something like that to my rims.
He said that he did one bike and because power coating takes some thickness the fitting no long fit and the guy was mad,
So he doesn’t want to do bikes again unless I sigh saying he’s not responsible that everything doesn’t fit all back.He said I’ll be better off ceramic coat the rims because they can control the amount around fittings.
Has any one ever had there rims powder coated? Did you have problems putting it all back together?
Or has anyone have the wheels all off is there movement?
Or is everything a tight fit?

Before

upload_2018-11-30_17-6-36.png

After

upload_2018-11-30_17-7-43.png

upload_2018-11-30_17-8-26.png

Powder coating is a great job on Rocket rims, no more polishing everyday trying to keep the alloy alu oxide at bay.. you can leave them dirty for years and they just wipe clean.

As long as you leave an old bolt in any threaded holes, and mask off the wheel bearing bores, they should be ok.
They can hang them off one of the bolts too

Just need to be careful when changing tyres, lesser skilled/careful monkeys can chip the coat with tyre irons

Wow that’s nice looks like chrome,
So do you need to take wheel bearings out? Because powder coating is baked?
Because my bike is orange and black I was thinking something like this I know it’s not the same rim, will it be too much? Or will it look sharp? Or should I just do the chrome look ? Or gold ? Because I got gold flakes in my orange

Attachments

• 9AAB3A2F-9CDE-49D4-93DD-6F26DBD94948.jpeg
    9AAB3A2F-9CDE-49D4-93DD-6F26DBD94948.jpeg
    267 KB · Views: 6
  • FD3FD2A7-1052-4DE4-96E0-921BFE55DDE0.jpeg
    FD3FD2A7-1052-4DE4-96E0-921BFE55DDE0.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 5
Had mine powder coated over a year now and love them -ALL BLACK.
You have to strip every removable part from them including wheel bearings (good time to replace with new) they blast the wheels and mask off where paint should not be

Cool, it will be nice if you guys post pictures of the rims you powder coated so I could see, and others

Back