Powder coating the swing arm..

ant

Turbocharged
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 2007
Has anyone had the R3 swing arm powder coated.

I have removed the swing arm and there are 2 riveted plates with some sort of seal between.I am thinking
that i will have to remove the plates and seal before powder coating?

Any thoughts please. WP_20191215_006.jpg WP_20191215_001.jpg

Been away for some winter sun..
I have removed the swing arm plates... lucky that the rubber is in very good condition.The rear fender under frame
has also been removed.The wheels are ready i am leaving the bearing in and will replace them after powder coating.

I am going to go for a satin black..close to original colour for the swing arm and under frame.

The wheels i can't decide yet....:confused:

Sounds good, so putting that plate back on with rubber no problem huh? The bearings I believe you are referring too will just fall out once swing arm comes out, I look forward to seeing what you do as I too am gonna powder coat the swing arm, I was concerned about that rubber mat and the plate going back on correctly, thanks ant.

Orange, I recommend orange :sneaky: that would be unique
No I live in Tennessee but no, red, silver, black. You can’t really see it on a touring unless you look is why I am even considering a different color for observation of diff oil or anything that shouldn’t be on the swing arm, and cool factor :cool:

No I live in Tennessee but no, red, silver, black. You can’t really see it on a touring unless you look is why I am even considering a different color for observation of diff oil or anything that shouldn’t be on the swing arm, and cool factor :cool:

Clearly not a Tennessee volunteers fan… I’m not much of a sports person myself, but I thought being from Tennessee you might at least consider the orange :)

Back