powder coating rims

Bigfoot

.060 Over
Ride
2006 Rocket Classic, 2007 Rocket
I am in the process of pulling off parts to get powder coated while the bike is in shop...question is......my 07 classic is the black and red? (mulberry or cardinal) I think its the cardinal red...but on the rims I would like to do black and red also but heres where I would like your opinion...Do I go with the rim in red and the cutouts in black or visa versa Im not sure if the red rims would not look that good vs the black also was thinking of stripeing the rim lip with the gold stripe as the one on the bike that seperates thr black and red, Does anyone have pictures of their rims done in any color scheme I would like to see what they look like before I choose my final color scheme...Thanks

It's your bike so should be what you want. But as you ask, I'm not sure about red rims. Not that I'd colour mine at all but maybe an option to consider could be solid black with just the rim on the edge in red and the pinstripe around the outer edge of the black. Seems that would go with the bike scheme better.

Have a look at Bubz's pics .. he had his rims done blood (as in the Blood and Bone paintjob) red.

GAWD!!!!
Red on a Rocket?????
. . . and the rockets RED GLARE . . . :p
See the red on those chaps of Jim's above?
See what I mean?

Back