Post a pic of yur butt or ya fanny please

Martin-Brighton-uk

Supercharged
Ride
2011 Roadster in HOK Burgundy Candy
'Schooch ya fanny' to this day makes me chuckle being from the UK..

Anyway, before I take me grizzly disc to the rear mudguard and chop it off where the red tape is above the stock tail light in my picture, can anyone who has done similar mod or fitted a short mudguard/fender attach a picture of the butt or fanny of their bike so I can see what it might look like. I use clip on panniers so can't just do a side mount of the number plate. I've got a new back light with number plate bracket and will fit that to the brace part under the guard giving a new back end.
High Quality E-marked Motorcycle Motorbike Custom LED Stop / Tail Light

I'll mount the existing indicators direct to the mudguard in line with the new tail light.

I'm kinda hoping that it will turn out a bit like this
Starting out by doing what this fella is doing...

As there is no return from cutting it I thought I'll do a bit more research.

Martin , Martin, Martin . Bear in mind those rear tins are mega bucks to replace and one day your future classic will be worth far more unmolested . May I therefore suggest that you take a look on flea bay , where a couple of different styles of aftermarket fibreglass cut down mudgaurds are available for a fraction of the cost of a new one . Thus enabeling you to keep your precious original in the spares box . If you just cant resist cutting the original , try and incorporate a little shape as opposed to just a straight cut , keep the cut cool to avoid blistering the paint and finish the cut edge with a 6mm plastic chrome trim , again available on flea bay for a neat finish ! Post up some pics when done mate . :thumbsup:

Martin , Martin, Martin . Bear in mind those rear tins are mega bucks to replace and one day your future classic will be worth far more unmolested . May I therefore suggest that you take a look on flea bay , where a couple of different styles of aftermarket fibreglass cut down mudgaurds are available for a fraction of the cost of a new one . Thus enabeling you to keep your precious original in the spares box . If you just cant resist cutting the original , try and incorporate a little shape as opposed to just a straight cut , keep the cut cool to avoid blistering the paint and finish the cut edge with a 6mm plastic chrome trim , again available on flea bay for a neat finish ! Post up some pics when done mate . :thumbsup:
You are like that little voice that makes sense, good input Nat.:thumbsup:

I think you're onto something there Nat.

That's why I thought have a think for a coupla days before taking action.

I do now think that the aftermarket fibreglass one is the better option now after looking at how the existing one fits on.

I think you might of saved the old girl from some mad butchery there Nat. Phew... She thanks you.

I do now think that the aftermarket fibreglass one is the better option now after looking at how the existing one fits on.

I think you might of saved the old girl from some mad butchery there Nat. Phew... She thanks you.
Hide his angle grinder someone......

There are a couple of styles , one has a bit of shape which looks far better than the straight across cut . My mate recently fitted one with the tail unit you mentioned , after a coat of paint it looks proper and certainly sturdy enough for the job . I wish I had a photo !

Back