Possible safety issue with forward controls and a simple fix

I also have the same forward controls but my concern is with the other side !!!! the gear change linkage which is facing upright can be a catching point for the pants leg !!! which I discovered the hard way in rush hour traffic having to put the left leg up & down due to the stop start situation of the built up traffic. When it gets caught & you cant get your foot down & the bike lies on top of you in slow motion is very embarrasing !! especially when the foot gets pinned under the peg !! Thank god for a truck driver coming to my rescue !! Be warned it is a trap & I now tuck the pants in or wear a strap to hold them tight !! The controls are comfortable tho :)

I also have the same forward controls but my concern is with the other side !!!! the gear change linkage which is facing upright can be a catching point for the pants leg !!! which I discovered the hard way in rush hour traffic having to put the left leg up & down due to the stop start situation of the built up traffic. When it gets caught & you cant get your foot down & the bike lies on top of you in slow motion is very embarrasing !! especially when the foot gets pinned under the peg !! Thank god for a truck driver coming to my rescue !! Be warned it is a trap & I now tuck the pants in or wear a strap to hold them tight !! The controls are comfortable tho :)
Show us a pick please

Dam those flares :D

Show us a pick please
FC17S-L.jpg

That Pic is off the website & shows where the gear linkage attaches to the gearbox is facing upright ! Had ridden the bike heaps & it was not a problem but this time taking it in for a service I had me work jeans on (not flares) & they hooked up & over I went

That Pic is off the website & shows where the gear linkage attaches to the gearbox is facing upright ! Had ridden the bike heaps & it was not a problem but this time taking it in for a service I had me work jeans on (not flares) & they hooked up & over I went
The same thing happened to me so now instead of pulling my leg straight to the left I pull it up and over to the left to make sure the pant leg is not caught, it's just a habit to get into. And the bike fell over on me in slow motion just like you I thought my leg quit working I'm thinking to myself as I'm going over why isn't my leg workingo_O

The same thing happened to me so now instead of pulling my leg straight to the left I pull it up and over to the left to make sure the pant leg is not caught, it's just a habit to get into. And the bike fell over on me in slow motion just like you I thought my leg quit working I'm thinking to myself as I'm going over why isn't my leg workingo_O
Glad to hear Im not the only one to experience it ! It was not good in 4 lanes of stand still ( stop & go traffic) at rush hour ! Especially when the peg pinned my boot to the road & had to be saved by a truck driver who lifted the bike off me !! Yep it was slow motion thinking no fn way but yes over it went !!

Back