Position Lights

budman

Nitrous
Ride
2006 standard
..they are parking lights..completely worthless..after I did the eastern beaver relay install, they are still there, but laying somewhere under the gas tank...btw, the headlights are at least twice as bright now..no need for any more changes..

Parking/position lights - these are a legal requirement in much (if not all Europe) - Why? who knows. I'm currently looking at fitting DRL running lights.

yup, requirement for Europe. I changed mine to yellow bulbs just to look different, thought about wiring them as turn signals

They are on a separate circuit from the headlights and are used as park-lights when the key is turned all the way to the left. These are handy if you want to duck into a shop at nite and still be visible as well as being able to take your keys with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to install the Easton Beaver light harness this weekend with the relays. I've got my new yellow bulbs for the headlight and postion lights. Does the wiring kit allow the positon lights to still work or does it eliminate them all together?
Later

I asked Jim Davis this question (Eastern Beaver owner) since he has not addressed these lights in any instructions and I was the first to bring it up (last week). What I plan on doing is seperating the position lights from the existing harness and then installing the relay kit and using shrink tube on the position lights seperately. Leaving a hole open in the reflector would allow dust and dirt to collect in the reflector shell so plugging the bulbs in is necessary, whether they are wired and working in the USA is irrelevant.

I just pulled the parking lights altogether. If I get industrious, I may splice them together and reinstall. Note: Each headlight plugs into a separate connector in the wiring harness. With the EB kit, you only need to use one of the connectors. The other is taped up and stuffed somewhere under the tank. If I reinstall the parking lights, I will plug into the unused connector and splice the parking light leads together.

just looking at mine i'd guess that they are bulb #194. Very common bulb. i was considering making them my all the time light and just having the low/high beam lights come on when i want since the 194 draws 3.8w (iirc) and the headlights draw 55/65 watts.

Back