Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
This dealer did my upgrade kit. Not in your area, nor in mine(Central NJ):
Hermey's Triumph BMW
69 Center St
Port Clinton, PA 19549
(610) 562-7303

They did it for free on my 08 Standard, but I was still in warranty.
The upgrade did solved the 1st gear pop out.
One side effect for me was a jerky throttle at low rpm in low gears; makes accelerating out of slow turns a pain in the ass.
The tech said the parts went in only one way, and a possible cause for the jerking was wider spacing on the replacement dog rings,
which have fewer engagement dogs on it. This supposedly improves engagement and stops the 1st gear pop out.
Sounds like the douche bags didn't install these parts.
Get a list of what they did install and talk to Hermey's service tech. Not certain, but I think Daryl at Hermy's did mine.

Good luck with it and hope you get her fixed.

..****, that sucks eggs for sure..Manayunk is who I was using as a dealer too (bought my bike used from a private owner)..I took it to them for my 10,000 mile serivce, mainly for documentation purposes in hopes that it would help in case of a situation such as yours..of course now that my bike is almost 6 years old I don't expect any freebies from Triumph..CaptainCaeruleus said he had a dealer near him that did good work..send him a PM and find out who and give them a call..and also Gus at Baxters, but that place is in Iowa I believe..don't know if either one is still in business..keep us posted on the outcome..and best of luck with your physical recovery..

One side effect for me was a jerky throttle at low rpm in low gears; makes accelerating out of slow turns a pain in the ass.
The tech said the parts went in only one way, and a possible cause for the jerking was wider spacing on the replacement dog rings,
which have fewer engagement dogs on it. This supposedly improves engagement and stops the 1st gear pop out.

Good luck with it and hope you get her fixed.
Fast fix for jerky low speed acceleration: Using Tuneboy , ( I guess Tune-ecu will do the same) I enriched 3-5% for revs idle to 1800 & throttle positions 0-10%
This smoothed thing out a lot for me.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I remember well the terrible feeling when my '05 bike started acting up. I don't think I had even put a thousand miles on her at that point and the total miles were less than 6K if I recall. Thankfully my "upgrade kit" solved the issues and I was only out some time and frustration, so Triumph did well in my book.

I'd be physically sick if I were in your shoes, having the overhaul completed, and yet still not a working bike.

Sorry mate.

Back