Popping out of first gear into neutral under load

irieco

.040 Over
Ride
R3 Tribal Classic
Never heard of a 2007 with the gear problem but I could be wrong. Mine would shift from 2nd. to 1st. or 3rd. under power. I did have issues with it jumping out of 1st. to N also.

Biggest reason for this has been me not making sure it is securely in first to begin with. As simple as this may sound, think about it...it is very easy to have it only partially in gear, the neutral light is out, but there is just not enough contact to withstand all the torque, and, POP...out of first it comes. Make sure your clutch is properly adjusted and make sure she gets a good lock into 1st. Just my $.02 worth, but it works for me.

Shouldnt be a problem, state the facts and the problems and let the dealership go to work on Triumph. Good luck.

gR3yWolf said:
Biggest reason for this has been me not making sure it is securely in first to begin with. As simple as this may sound, think about it...it is very easy to have it only partially in gear, the neutral light is out, but there is just not enough contact to withstand all the torque, and, POP...out of first it comes. Make sure your clutch is properly adjusted and make sure she gets a good lock into 1st. Just my $.02 worth, but it works for me.

+1 on this. My 07 does it very occassionally but only when it wasn't fully in 1st to begin with. I have now learned the "feel" of it being in 1st and not in first...if that makes sense!

I'm telling you it's all about the dealer. You've heard it many times from me how great it is having a competent dealer. Beware you don't experience what RocketCapnTodd is going through. His is at a dealer who took it apart to diagnose, but can't tell him how long it'll be 'til it's back together.

You really ought'a give my dealer a call. Any bike going in for an upgrade gets the mechanic's undivided attention from start to finish. There is no jumping from one job to another.

Just a thought. PM me if interested in more.

Sorry it took me so long to answer...out of town.

Had the guys in Vegas fix mine.
High end shop (Triumph, MV Agusta, Aprilla, Big Dog, OCC, Bimota dealer).

They did the upgrade in 3 or 4 days (can't remember).

Back