Popping out of 2nd

JRock

Turbocharged
Ride
2008 Rocket III Standard
Well I've got it. Under full throttle, the shift to 2nd either doesn't go in, or pops out after staying in gear briefly. Brand new bike with 1300 miles. Once it pops out or doesn't go in, I can't get it to go into 2nd. Have to shift down to first. No fun.

TD with only 1300 miles you and your bike aren't broken in yet. The tranny will improve with miles. That is a comman issue with new owners. Have you done the first oil change yet?

I changed oil and filter at 500.
In your opinion, should I avoid the full-throttle 1-2 shift for how many more miles, or practice the 1-2 shift at less than near redline to help her break in? I don't run full throttle alot. My license would be gone pretty quick :) I actually like puttering along at the 2500 torque peak, and then unleashing the fury at appropriate moments. Thanks.

Practice a less than red line, make sure you have the clutch pulled in all the way. It is comman to pop out of first when taking off and can be hard to find neutral also until broken in. Some of the break in is for the rider also. :wink:

I must admit it is more than a little scary :shock: opening it up in 1st gear. I did adjust the clutch lever to #1, which I think pulls the cable out a bit more. Thanks

TeeDee said:
Wolf, can you tell me exactly what did the dealer do to fix your problem?
I can't tell you "exactly" what was done, but my other posts about this stated the details and components as I recalled the dealer telling me. PM me and we can talk if you want. 8)

Back