Poor battery I hope!

Buckaroo

.020 Over
Ride
2017 Triumph Rocket Roadster
I just drove out to South Dakota and picked up my 2017 Rocket III with 250 miles on it did a little riding today very short distance and now the battery seems dead. It clicks or try’s to turn over but goes dead. I charged it a little on the tender but it ran down quick. I’m hoping this isn’t a starter problem as the head light is bright. Do these require a strong battery?

Thanks!

I just drove out to South Dakota and picked up my 2017 Rocket III with 250 miles on it did a little riding today very short distance and now the battery seems dead. It clicks or try’s to turn over but goes dead. I charged it a little on the tender but it ran down quick. I’m hoping this isn’t a starter problem as the head light is bright. Do these require a strong battery?

Thanks!

Bockaroo; Yes, it sounds like the dreaded weak battery case. These bikes need a fresh strong battery to not just turn but to turn and start. It costs 100$, well worth it. If it is a starter problem it is an ezzy fix. There are several threads that treat the dreaded starter clicking issue.

Thanks for your message! I hope it’s the battery as I’m way far away from a Triumph dealer and a “click” issue scares me! You say simple fix if it’s not the battery can you refer me to those posts? Thanks again!

Thanks for your message! I hope it’s the battery as I’m way far away from a Triumph dealer and a “click” issue scares me! You say simple fix if it’s not the battery can you refer me to those posts? Thanks again!

Top right search button, enter starter issue. The case could be bad solenoid brushes/contacts. You can get a repair kit of just clean yours. - Home Some replace the whole starter with aftermarket stuff. Everyone is happy with that mod.

With only 250 miles hopefully will just be the battery. I’ll search that in case! Thanks a bunch!
If the bike has sat for very long, the solenoid contacts might corrode and cause this problem. Try the battery first. It probably needs changing. I replaced mine with original Yuasa, gel core. <100$

Yes I’ll run with a Yuasa! I’m tall 6’4” and I bought the bike sight unseen plus never sat on one. My legs and feet feel way high and tucked. Is there and lower boards available for these? Also I’d kind of like a heal shifter as I have to lift my whole foot and leg to shift.

Yes I’ll run with a Yuasa! I’m tall 6’4” and I bought the bike sight unseen plus never sat on one. My legs and feet feel way high and tucked. Is there and lower boards available for these? Also I’d kind of like a heal shifter as I have to lift my whole foot and leg to shift.

No lower boards. Get a seat cover. I use beads to rise me a little. Your bike should have a toe/heel shifter on it. I removed the toe/heel to be able to move my foot to the back of the platforms.
AEC64618-C1FB-4FDF-B021-B19713F6A203 (1).JPG

Back