Poll: Rear Turn Signal LED Array

Would you buy a set if produced?

• Certainly! This is what I've been looking for.

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Looks good. Let's see what the price is.

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Not Interested at this time.

Votes: 19 39.6%

• Total voters

tdragger

Living Legend
I've been writing to MBW Motorcycle Products requesting that they produce a set of Rear Turn Signal LED Arrays for the Rocket. They currently do not have plans to do so. My question is how many owners would consider a set if we were to show them that there is enough interest?

Below is a link to Custom Dynamics where their products are sold.

Custom Metric Cruiser LED Turn Signals

Attachments

• VTX_webpic.jpg
    VTX_webpic.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 244
Dragger

You can already get a pair just fill in the order form and they will custom the color scheme
Flexible LED Arrays

look about 1/4 way down page it will give you a chart to pick your amber & red combo, they are flexable and either mount to fender or custom make a bar to bolt under fender.

Thanks, Paul. I've been emailing Custom Dynamics today about the flexible arrays. I've never fabricated anything custom like mount for these. Any idea how I would go about it. I'm not reluctant, just not experienced.

dragger

Humm good question on how best to fabricate something for the array. I will have to look at it tonight and see. You do know that the one on that sight have 3mm tape also so you can just attach to the rear fender.
I'm inteested is the array also so I will look at how I would make an adapted and get back at you.

I don't like the idea of just sticking them to the fender. I was thinking of getting a couple of al straps, paint them black, and tape them to the inside of the fender with a piece hanging just below the fender line. I would then stick the array to the strap so that they would be somewhat in line with the fender. The clear tube that holds the array would go all the way from one side to the other but would contain both left and right arrays. Do you think that the straps would hold to the inside of the fender well enough?

i am going ot have to take a look tonight. If you i use 3m I think it would hold I am just thinking about how much play and wobble it might have.. I am thinking of a bracket that bolts to were the lisence plate holder bolte to but again will have to take a look tonight.

I've been writing to MBW Motorcycle Products requesting that they produce a set of Rear Turn Signal LED Arrays for the Rocket. They currently do not have plans to do so. My question is how many owners would consider a set if we were to show them that there is enough interest?

Below is a link to Custom Dynamics where their products are sold.

Custom Metric Cruiser LED Turn Signals

No interest. OEM bulbs work great.

If you install led's, make sure they are aimed directly to the rear. LED's that are pointed upward are almost useless. Stand back about 20 feet behind your bike when you're done and check how visible your lights are.

The aim is important.
That's why when I modify one of our fenders for an LED I cut the slot parallel to the ground. We install Radiantz flexible strip lights with run, turn, and brake light functions.

Back