Plugged exhaust

pballwiz

.020 Over
Haven't seen this anywhere in the forums so I thought I would pass it along. Started up the bike the other day and noticed that I had no exhaust coming from the left side pipe. Held rags on the two right side pipes and still got no exhaust from the left side. My first thought was that a little kritter had crawled in the pipe and plugged it up. So I pulled the muffler to check it out. What I found was a rubber plug stuck in the end of the muffler near the exit end. Don't know how long it has been there for sure but I would guess since new. It was a perfect fit so I don't think someone was just screwing with me and shoved it in there. It was about 1 1/2 inches long. I drilled it out to remove most of it but still have a piece of it floating around in the muffler I need to get out. Maybe the hot exhaust blowing by it will disinigrate it eventualy. Only reason I even noticed it was plugged was because in the cold air I could see the exhaust coming from the right side pipes and none from the the left. Very odd.

It's the partial implementation of the 2016 Euro emission rules which require no emissions of any kind from exhausts.

Back