Please Help ! Diesel fuel in tank

adelaideVMC

.060 Over
Ride
2008 Rocket III Classic
My beautiful new red / cream 2008 Classic got abt 5 litres in its tank, making a 50/50 mix.

Had to nurse her a short distance home.

Next day, syphoned out the tank, 10 L of 98 ron fuel in, and tried to run her clean.

Masses of white smoke, and then on increasing the revs to clear her, backfiring and knocking.

Immediately shut down.

Now what? Full system / lines clean? New plugs too? New filters ? Fresh oil?

Just had a $ 400 service too :-(

Remove the tank and completely drain it , refill with fresh gas and add some seafoam or equivalent should do the trick, if you can remove the injectors and get them to empty the last wee bit of diesel in the line, check a spark plug and make sure it is still good.

Remove the tank and completely drain it , refill with fresh gas and add some seafoam or equivalent should do the trick, if you can remove the injectors and get them to empty the last wee bit of diesel in the line, check a spark plug and make sure it is still good.
Thank you :)

Oil and oil filter still ok?

Would this mishap have caused any damage? :-/

Follow Scots advice and all will be good.
I filled a Speedy a couple of Years ago.
Not likely to forget now
It was in the bush and they have a lot of diesel pumps

Follow Scots advice and all will be good.
I filled a Speedy a couple of Years ago.
Not likely to forget now
It was in the bush and they have a lot of diesel pumps
Have I damaged the bike?
How meticulous shld I be on cleaning her out? Am broke, but if needs be?
Oil and oil filter? Fuel filter? New plugs? Pull and drain fuel lines? Injectors? Any damage to engine likely ? :-/

Back