Plea for tuning help.

Neville Lush

www.nevillelushracing.com
Ride
Speed Triple 1050 Dirt Track sidecar,H2750Roadrace sidecar W800 Kawasaki
Hi all. I have a gentleman in Santa Monica who needs to get someone who can actually tune a motorcycle, to tune his rocket. He has engaged a person who seems, to be polite, no-one who is going to work for NASA anytime soon. The guy is stuck,and I feel bound to help him as he bought some gear from me. Does any-one know some one in that area who can do a basic tune on a simple rocket engine build? If so could I ask for a PM to me and I will try and get the guy sorted. Regards and thanks to all . Nev

Well, I see ten DynoJet locations on their tuner locator map in the greater Los Angeles area. If my experience serves as any indication, a number of those don't really know anything about tuning -- though being California and the motor mecca it is, my expectations would be higher.

DynoJet Tune Center Search - Los Angeles

I would suggest doing what I did, and start dialing the numbers, starting with the one closest to me and see what they tell you. Do they know what ECU is installed in a Triumph ? Do they know the difference between Tune ECU, Tune Boy, or Power Commander ? In any case, with ten to choose from, I would bet one of them could help.

MICKEY COHEN MOTORSPORTS
Mickey Cohen Motorsports
1961 E Miraloma Ave # B
Placentia, CA 92870
(714) 993-5000

Comes highly recommended on the interwebs, I have no personal experience with him.

Short of that, I can provide a TuneECU tune based on the carpenter head and cam and ~10:1 compression. Should get it up and at least running reasonably good, well enough to get him on a road trip to WA and get Nels to do it right.

At the risk of offending, I can easily provide him with a base tune for Tune Ecu, if he can use the cable etc, etc. We sort of have that covered, I will forward the Micky Cohen chap's details and see how he goes. Thank you all for the advice. The bike runs now, but is like 30hp down on what it should do and owner reports pinging etc.......Having a dynojet sign out front means very little it seems. I will touch base with him again and see what unfolds. Thanks again.

That guy came highly recommended and briefly reviewing his page, it seems he's not unfamiliar with Triumphs. Hope it works out!

I looked around a bit, it seems good tuners in Southern California are not easy to find, there are a ton of threads about it from various bike forums.

Don't know why it didn't occur to me you'd have a solid starting point tune lol.

double palm.jpg

Back