Played with a Yamaha Vmax the other day

Rottypiper

.020 Over
Ride
2011 Rocket III Roadster
My co worker has the newer style Vmax and we finally had a chance to run them a few times after work the other night. I have to say I was very happy with how the big Rocket held up against one of the most badass bikes around.

We did a few pulls while rolling down the road and even he was impressed with how my bike launched. He eventually passed me but he had to work for it.

Makes me wonder how much closer it would be with an exhaust and a tune? I've got the Ramair on now and removed the restrictions of the factory tune but I feel this bike can offer more.

it sounds like your friend couldn't ride the bike that well! (no disrespect intended). Those vmax's should rape our bikes pretty badly. They trap about 20mph higher than our bikes in the 1/4 mile. That's the best part of having a rocket, you can really go WOT without worrying about much other than a grin on your face...the vmax will wheelie or spin the back tire hard on WOT...only an experienced rider will be able to wrangle the bull known as the vmax.

yes, with mods the gap will decrease. I think the only way to beat one though would be with a carpenter kit. Even headers and full bolt ons probably wouldn't be enough.

it sounds like your friend couldn't ride the bike that well! (no disrespect intended). Those vmax's should rape our bikes pretty badly.

That is quite possible. He may also be afraid of that bike for the reasons you said. I was running from about 30mph to 110mph. Maybe he was selecting wrong gear or he is just a *****!

That is quite possible. He may also be afraid of that bike for the reasons you said. I was running from about 30mph to 110mph. Maybe he was selecting wrong gear or he is just a *****!

Ask him to race again and this time you ride the max and he takes the rocket.

Love Mr Max, the only reason i don't have one is because i don't want to stop and fill up every 80 miles, they make a bigger gas tank but at over 2k the investment is not worth it:)

very few things have stuck in my memory like my first vmax ride... was back in '85 and i was riding a cb900c... buddy of mine at work said "i'll go buy a bike and we can do some riding, been a while since i've had a bike..."... he came in the next day with a brand new max... after a couple weeks he let me ride it... smoked the tire; wheelied it; slid it sideways; did 100mph on a city street - all in the same run around the block... i just was so uncomfortable in the seating position that i knew i could never marry one, but what a hot date...

very few things have stuck in my memory like my first vmax ride... was back in '85 and i was riding a cb900c... buddy of mine at work said "i'll go buy a bike and we can do some riding, been a while since i've had a bike..."... he came in the next day with a brand new max... after a couple weeks he let me ride it... smoked the tire; wheelied it; slid it sideways; did 100mph on a city street - all in the same run around the block... i just was so uncomfortable in the seating position that i knew i could never marry one, but what a hot date...

Ha. Yes. I built an 85 about 10 years ago. Bought it from a guy who had it in a barn. Mice were living in the air box. Had pretty much everything done on it...carb jetted and rebuilt, busa brakes, motor painted, full exhaust and of course NITROUS! Ha. Made around 170rwhp with a 50 wet ****. Pics below. Cool bikes but scary handling!

IMG_8535.JPG
IMG_8536.JPG
IMG_8537.JPG
IMG_8538.JPG
IMG_8540.JPG
IMG_8541.JPG
IMG_8542.JPG
IMG_8543.JPG
IMG_8544.JPG
IMG_8545.JPG

Back