Pivot Oint for Lifting?

John Ward

.060 Over
Ride
Rocket 3 Classic 2008
Ok guys Ive read a few old posts and have the lift for my rocket. Today I fabbed the bracket needed to
fit through the frame holes and it fitted really well... I put the lift under and raised the bike, only to find the front is the only end that comes up..the rear will if I lift it but not when raising the bike on the lift itself... am I doing something wrong or is there another lifting point? And yes I am using the same holes as you guys... Its a classic with stock pipes n leather panniers [empty]... any ideas?

put a thin block of wood between the front of the sump and the lift.
Like half the thickness of a 2x4.
That should lift bothe ends

place wife or friend on front fender problem solved:laugh::laugh:

edit
cat,dog . it works good if u roll them up in your sleeping bag:roll::roll::roll:

Sometimes, I use one of there to stabilize the front of the bike while I lift the centre from the JackBQ. Keeps bars straight and decreases the chance of a tilt.

imagesLV9083VP.jpg

I had a thin piece of wood under the sump as well as I lifted it... but its still tail heavy for some reason.. I did expect it to lift level [ish]...I wont have any problems removing my front wheel :(

I lift mine with a 2x4 under the kick stand and a scissor jack under the brake side peg rail.... done it countless times without issues :p

Back