Jeremy

.060 Over
Ride
2009 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
anyone run the pirreli sport dragons? Neew a new rubber and not happy with the metzler 880E on the back and the brickstone on the rear. Any experience in good and bad on this beast? 2009 r3t
Want something that holds the corners well and good in the wet.

Calling an R3T a beast now that is a new one:eek: a wee beast maybe, as you have the skinny back tyre you have a lot more options than the big tyre boys do.
Beasts com in many sizes brudder Scootsmun. Take your Highland coos for instant, a mighty beasties indeed, yet not so beastie as me Brahma...

@Jeremy I have no experience with Pirelli on the R3T but did have them on my FZ1 when I met Bambi on a wooded curve here in Virginia Aug of 2012. That tire can take some serious weaving on a banked curve and stuck the lighter bike well. It however is worthless on a wet grassy embankment. Totaled that bike that day, Okay, not the tires fault at all.

I run the Bridgestone Exedra Max on Brahma and get about 13,000 miles on a set. These tires offer good traction on wet pavement too.

Beasts com in many sizes brudder Scootsmun. Take your Highland coos for instant, a mighty beasties indeed, yet not so beastie as me Brahma...

@Jeremy I have no experience with Pirelli on the R3T but did have them on my FZ1 when I met Bambi on a wooded curve here in Virginia Aug of 2012. That tire can take some serious weaving on a banked curve and stuck the lighter bike well. It however is worthless on a wet grassy embankment. Totaled that bike that day, Okay, not the tires fault at all.

I run the Bridgestone Exedra Max on Brahma and get about 13,000 miles on a set. These tires offer good traction on wet pavement too.
@boogi have heard bad things on the bridgestones, but that was years ago. Must be better now? That is the rear they had on it when i bought her but the m880e is on the front.

The OEM Metz is horrible for mileage. Mine lasted me 8K miles which is about 3K than others get.
My bike has 73k miles now and I've used the Exedra Max ever since. I've never had an issue with them.

Back