Pillion seat

drphillgood said:
Paul ,Have the same problem ,I am going to get the Triumph gel touring back seat and let her try that ,if it is not all ok will send it to these people ,www.ppseat.co.uk Met the guy at the Excell show and he said for about £100+.he can reform and fill with densor gell and more foam,his work looks good ,so for about £240,you should be able to get exactly what you want,and he came across as a nice bloke,said you can also go see him up in Birming ham.Turn around time 12-14 days,thats the route Im taking and the short sissy bar. :wink:

I have been in touch with ppseat and blazin saddles, - both looking at a bucket/King/Queen seat reshape - kinda Russell daylong style. Will post prices when I get them back. But heres the form I want to go for:

minus the driver backrest and with a short sissy bar and touring back rest.

We've tried the Triumph gel pillion seat and the Triumph touring dual seat.

MrsR reckons that they're both an improvement over the original and that the touring dual seat is the better of the two. It's a sod to fit though - see the thread over on general -

I have the Corbin Touring seat fitted without rider back rest but with Triumph tall sissy and pad. The wife hasn't been on it yet but my daughter reckons it's comfy and I had a Varadero before and they're renowned for being pillion friendly. The rider's seat feels hard but I rode 200 mile to pick up the bike and 200 back and felt OK when I got home, apart from being bloody freezing coz that was a month ago! I've since done a couple of 400 mile days without any discomfort. I'm 20 stones (280 pounds) and my daughter is about half that. The only thing she suffered was aching thighs from gripping when I braked, but she hasn't seen much action lately so I said it's good to keep em toned!!!!

Hi Paul

I have the Triumph Gel pillion seat with a fitted Sheep Skin cover on
and my wife reckons it brilliant & didn't get any bum ache even after 16 hours of riding on a trip back from Sweden last year :shock:

There is a thread about the guy who I got them off who makes them in Australia.

The only thing she suffered was aching thighs from gripping when I braked, but she hasn't seen much action lately so I said it's good to keep em toned!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol:

Paul Thetford said:
Thanks for the feedback guys. Martyn, have you got the standard captains seat with that gel pillion?

Paul

Yeah, standard captains seat with the Gel Pillion. I have got the cover for the riders seat but haven't fitted it yet as I had no bum ache problems yet but I did ride a hardtail chop for 7 years, so it might be imune now:D

Paul,
I had the stock rider seat and got the gel pillion for my g/f, but she felt it was still too hard so I switched to the Corbin dual touring seat which we both like.

The stock pillion was a killer on my wife (with a history of breaking her tailbone twice in the past years) so we got the gel seat which she says is better but she can only go about 60 miles before the need to rest a couple minutes....so...we went to K Mart and got a little inflatable seat pad for a duck blind seat that sits on a 5 gal bucket..put a few puffs of air in and now she doesn't want to give it up...she can go nearly all day on that little air pillow..under $10.00...velcro it to the pillion and good to go...

P.S. put the camo side down and it doesn't look too bad

Back